CM Punk is out of action with a triceps injury that he sustained during the 2024 Men's Royal Rumble match. Even though he's out of action, Drew McIntyre is keeping things going in a big way, and he's not letting go of his disdain for the Second City Savior.

Drew McIntyre recently made it clear that he wants a match against CM Punk. He's just worried that Punk is made of glass, and he'll break again before the match can happen.

Drew McIntyre's journey in WWE since his debut on Raw has been marked by remarkable consistency and impressive performances. Despite facing initial setbacks, such as his loss to Seth Rollins for the World Heavyweight Championship, McIntyre has since rebounded with determination and resilience.

In the Men’s Royal Rumble match, McIntyre showcased his endurance and skill, making it to the Top 3 contenders. However, a clash with CM Punk resulted in McIntyre's elimination, albeit with a consequential injury to Punk. As Punk focuses on his recovery, McIntyre has continued to fuel their rivalry, hinting at future storylines and expressing his eagerness for a showdown at SummerSlam.

In a recent interview with the Gorilla Position, McIntyre emphasized his desire for the match while also expressing concern for Punk's well-being, given his injury-prone history. Reflecting on their past encounter at the Royal Rumble, McIntyre highlighted his dominance in the ring, underscoring his physical prowess and the impact of his performance on Punk.

“Yeah, I just hope he’s careful. Just worried he’s going to injure something else during rehab. Man’s made of glass. I want that match. I really want that match.“

"I’m just concerned for him, especially wrestling someone like me. I’m a freaking monster in there…I got my hands on him. You saw what I did to him at ‘Rumble. I tore him to pieces. I chopped him to bits…[CM] Punk was black and blue. I ended up hurting him in there.”

As McIntyre prepares for his upcoming title challenge against Seth Rollins at WrestleMania, he isn't losing focus of Punk. The Scottish Warrior's current contract situation is also interesting.

McIntyre has not re-signed with WWE. The last report we heard said that is being advertised well past his contract expiration date, but a new deal hasn't been signed.

With the potential for the World Heavyweight Championship to be involved in McIntyre's future stories, things are even more interesting. This is especially true if CM Punk may be in McIntyre's future. After all, CM Punk vs Seth Rollins was the plan for WrestleMania before Punk's injury got in the way.