Cody Rhodes is a man of the people, and that sometimes calls for him to answer strange requests from fans. He recently demonstrated this fact in a big way.

It seems that one fan really wanted Rhea Ripley's gum as a souvenir. Thankfully, they asked Cody Rhodes for that little keepsake, and the American Nightmare obliged.

This week’s Friday Night SmackDown was live from Memphis, Tennessee. During the show, they laid important groundwork for WrestleMania 40. However, one peculiar incident involving Cody Rhodes and a fan went down after the show.

Following the conclusion of WWE SmackDown this week, two dark matches took place, with Rhea Ripley and Cody Rhodes participating separately.

This is what opened the door for a fan who shared videos and a photo on Twitter, revealing that he requested Cody Rhodes retrieve the piece of gum Rhea Ripley threw into the ring. Rhodes obliged and handed him the chewed-out gum.

The fan posted, "I’m gonna be judged hard for this but oh well 🤣. Last night @RheaRipley_WWE spat her gum out & it landed in the ring. Then later on @CodyRhodes was making his way around ringside for pics/autographs. I asked him if I could have Rhea’s gum & yep… 🤣🤣🤣 (No I did not chew it)."

Cody Rhodes is well aware of the fact that he is a massive babyface on the road to WrestleMania 40. He will team up with Seth Rollins to take on The Rock and Roman Reigns during the first night of WrestleMania 40. Then, on night two he will battle Roman Reigns with the WWE Undisputed Universal Title on the line.

The Rock originally had a much different plan for Mania. Cody was going to sit out, thanks to a kayfabed injury, and the Great One vs Roman Reigns was going to headline the show of shows.

Fans have flocked to Rhodes, and those fans earned the nickname of Cody Crybabies from The Rock. Only time will tell if The Great One accepts Cody's one-on-one challenge, but the Grandson of a Plumber will keep doing everything he can for fans in the meantime.