All Elite Wrestling fans have been looking for answers as longtime veteran Matt Hardy's career seems to be winding down. Hardy has been featured less on TV, with his last match occurring on the January 3 episode of AEW Dynamite. Despite his current status with the company, Hardy has confirmed that he still intends to keep wrestling for the foreseeable future.

On Twitter, Hardy was asked by a fan if he was considering retirement and, if true if he would consider staying in AEW as a Producer. Hardy replied on Twitter that he doesn't plan on retiring from being an active wrestler anytime soon.

The statement comes as the AEW superstar seems to be heading towards free agency soon. He shared on his podcast, Extreme Life Of Matt Hardy, that his contract is set to expire at the end of the month, and he is unsure about his future with the company.

“...Yes, it is coming up in March and we’ve spoke about it, we’ve talked about it and I guess we’ll see what happens. So we’ll see, if you listen to the podcast just give me your feedback, tell me what you think I should do next. I’m a person of the people, I listen to the people.”

He also noted that he loves AEW but understands if a deal isn't made to keep him on the roster. While Matt's future remains unclear, his brother, Jeff Hardy, looks to be sticking around in AEW ahead of Matt's potential exit.

The two brothers seemingly hoped to align their contract to test free agency or get an extension with AEW. While Matt signed with the company in March 2020, Jeff would debut with the company two years later.

However, unforeseeable circumstances like inactivity and injuries may result in Jeff staying in the company longer than anticipated. It's unclear when his contract will expire or if the company will try to sign both brothers to new deals.

Although Matt's immediate future looks murky, his fans can be assured that he still wants to keep wrestling and isn't looking at retirement just yet.