WWE has a lot of things going on, and contract situations always add a bit of intrigue to any situation. Drew McIntyre is on top of his game, comfortable, and able to perform at a high level every time he steps in the ring. The veteran performer's future with WWE has a big question mark hovering over it at this point.

Drew McIntyre's contract situation remains uncertain despite WWE reportedly extending it, adding intrigue to his upcoming WrestleMania 40 title match. McIntyre himself confirmed the ongoing speculation but remains focused on giving his all to WWE, emphasizing his intent to continue performing at his peak.

Former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre holds significant value within the company. However, recent updates on McIntyre's contract status have stirred speculation, as while WWE reportedly extended his contract, there's no confirmation of a new deal, fueling rumors of his potential departure.

With a World Heavyweight Championship match ahead of him at WrestleMania 40, McIntyre is in line for a huge match. That being said, no deal has been inked, so the result of the match may be a very interesting one.

McIntyre revealed on The Ringer’s Masked Men Show that the buzz about his contract status is legit. He has no new deal with WWE at this point, but he intends to continue giving everything he can to WWE because he's having fun.

“It’s very important to me, having a new contract. It’s been talked about for a very long time on the internet. I’m not the only one whose contract comes up every few years or whatever, but you would think it, reading the internet. There is nothing I can say right now. I can say that I’m having fun. I can say that I intend to continue having fun and I’m in my prime. I’m younger than everyone thinks I am because I’ve been around for such a long time. I have years to go. No matter what, you’ll still see Drew McIntyre wrestling. I can say ‘or Drew Galloway’ and that would get everyone’s attention.”

Drew McIntryre's constant jabs at CM Punk have led fans to assume that a new contract will be signed. After all, Punk is out of action with a triceps injury, and his return date isn't expected until after McIntyre's current deal expires.

Due to time off, WWE was able to extend McIntyre's deal until after WrestleMania 40. At this time, it is unknown exactly how much time he has left, but one would assume that he wants that match against CM Punk.