Brian Gewirtz may be the former WWE head writer, but he's not afraid to put the pen down and speak up when his name gets mentioned.

On Monday's WWE Raw, the wrestling world was waiting to hear what Cody Rhodes had to say in response to The Rock and "The American Nightmare" pulled zero punches. Like The Rock has done in the past, Rhodes decorated his words with some colorful language and got more than one eyebrow raised other than The Rock himself. That included putting his "Final Boss" moniker into question.

"You have referred to yourself as ‘The Final Boss’, kudos to Brian Gewirtz for that nickname, perhaps you are the actual, literal 'final boss. 'Perhaps I am too naive to see that, but at WrestleMania, I don’t think you’re going to be the 'final boss.' At WrestleMania, I think you’re just Roman’s side chick.”

However, Gewirtz took to Twitter/X that he wasn't the originator of that nickname, but did put something else on Rocky's radar.

“Final Boss” isn’t anything I came up with. The Rock calls himself that because he is that. If it makes you feel better Cody Rhodes, I was the first to tell him about your spectacularly stupid goofy ass dog."

The Rock has arguably garnered the most heat by taking shots at Pharaoh, Rhodes' lovable white husky dog who many fans are familiar with since the early AEW days. Rhodes would notoriously bring Pharaoh along to Starrcast events and have meet and greets with the pooch in order to raise money for charity, but The Rock has been unabashed in his targets.

So far on Rock's list, he's taken shots at Pharaoh and Cody's mom, Michelle Rubio, who on Raw, Cody made clear that Michelle isn't afraid of "The Final Boss." The Rock will be on the "go-home" show of WWE Raw.