AEW's Sammy Guevara has expressed his gratitude to fans who have shown their support amid his ongoing suspension from the All-Elite promotion.

Guevara was suspended earlier this month from AEW for going against protocol during a match with Jeff Hardy. Hardy would suffer a broken nose during the match and was suspected to have suffered a concussion. While Jeff did not suffer a concussion, Guevara did not stop the match like he should have to allow for immediate testing, resulting in his suspension.

In his latest Vlog, Guevara shared some of the highlights of his life outside of the ring, including spending time with his wife Tay Melo, and their child. At the end of the video, Guevara shared a message of appreciation to the fans.

“To the people who support me, whether it be at the beginning or in the beginning it in the middle or maybe this is your first video you’ve watched of mine, I just want to say thank you."

Guevara added that he acknowledges he has made mistakes, but is trying to be better.

"I understand that I am a person who has made mistakes but I am also a person who has tried to be better.

"‘Roll with the punches’ is a saying that I truly understand now at 30 years old. Life will throw a lot at you. But it’s how you deal with those adversities that make you who you are. I know who I am and I know what I’m going after.

"See you at the top.”

The incident with Jeff Hardy is hardly the first piece of notoriety for Guevara in AEW. Back in 2020, a chairshot from Guevara who used the wrong type of chair resulted in Jeff's brother Matt requiring 13 staples. Hardy also took a nasty spill during a forklift spot at All Out that September.

In June 2020, Guevara was suspended for comments made in 2016 in which he said he wanted to "go r*pe" Sasha Banks. Guevara underwent sensitivity training and his salary at the time was donated to the Women's Center of Jacksonville. Guevara would apologize publicly and in private to Banks, who recently joined AEW as Mercedes Mone.