How Goldberg's undefeated streak ended in WCW will often be polarizing, but Kevin Nash explains why it ultimately had to happen at some point.

On the latest episode of his Kliq This Podcast, the two-time WWE Hall Of Famer talked about a fan complaining to him that Bobby Heenan once said that WCW should have never ended Goldberg's streak. However Nash told co-host Sean Oliver, that there were signs that Goldberg's popularity was waning because he was becoming too popular.

“Like if we’d go to the northeast they were booing Bill," Nash said.

“It wasn’t like all of a sudden, it was like, ‘We have to beat Bill.’ It was like, ‘Bill’s starting to be the Yankees.’ Bill’s starting to beat the Yankees … nobody wanted the Patriots to beat the [1972] Dolphins f***in’ record.”

Nash defeated Goldberg in the main event of WCW Starrcade 1998, but the match finish itself was not without controversy. There's clean pins, and then there's achieved thanks to outside interference in the form of having your opponent zapped with a cattle prod. Yes, that really happened.

At a key moment in the match, Scott Hall delivered an 'electrifying' message to the former Georgia Bulldog, who was soon looking up at the lights and parting with his WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

The decision to end Goldberg's streak in this fashion is debated to this day, as evidenced by Nash still dropping new details about it on his podcast.

Did Nash have any heat with Goldberg as a result? Former WCW star Disco Inferno gave his backstage account of what went down between the two men immediately afterwards:

"He was like talking about like an appearance he had to make or something and started talking like, 'if they even want me now?' Like he was thinking, like he got completely buried. This was his first loss. Right?

Nash was showering and then when Nash was drying, Nash asked Bill, he goes, 'Do I have heat over this?' Bill was like, 'nah, nah, nah man. No. Not at all. I'm not talking about you. And I'll never get that."