Nick Aldis has indeed sustained an injury and was playfully shocked as to how the "dirt sheets" picked it up.

Mike Johnson of PWInsider first reported that Aldis injured his arm and that he's heard it's something that could require surgery. Sure enough, Aldis confirmed that news and he actually just got off the cutting room table and his SmackDown duties won't change despite the repair.

"Yes, I just got out of surgery for a ruptured bicep tendon, and yes, the sheets had it within minutes. God bless 'em. Must be a slow news day...anyway it was a freak accident, I'm on the mend, and I will continue to fulfill my obligations."

Aldis made his WWE television debut the very same night he was appointed by SmackDown GM Triple H. Aldis got his start in that role back in October 2023, but people greatly know him as the star who put the NWA Worlds Title back on the map. Aldis re-established the NWA brand by defending the "Ten Pounds Of Gold" all over the globe. Arguably, his best rival during that time was this year's WrestleMania main-eventer Cody Rhodes.

Aldis and Rhodes squared off at the original All In back in 2018 and Rhodes defeated Aldis for the championship, holding the same gold that his late father did. Aldis ended up regaining the championshi[p back at NWA 70. The two stars have yet to have a rubber match, but if Cody happens to finish his story and win the WWE Undisputed Universal Championship, there could very well be gold on the line once more between "The American Nightmare" & "The National Treasure."