Diverticulitis does not care who you are, because it can strike anyone. Brock Lesnar had a terribly nasty case of it years ago. Now, Kenny Omega is also out of action with the terrible disease, but there is hope that he will return.

Tony Khan addressed Omega's status, emphasizing the gravity of the situation and the fortunate timing of medical attention.

Kenny Omega has been absent from the ring since December due to diverticulitis, a condition diagnosed after the December 13th Dynamite show when he exhibited signs of distress backstage. Following the diagnosis, Omega was informed of the gravity of his situation, emphasizing the fortunate timing of his medical attention to prevent potential catastrophic consequences.

The severity of Omega's condition was underscored by the risk of a blood infection, which posed a significant threat with a roughly 50 percent chance of mortality had it not been promptly addressed. AEW President Tony Khan addressed inquiries about Omega's condition during an interview with Comic Book.

"I don't want to put pressure on it, He was really in a bad way. I don't want to put a timetable or try to rush him back, but I'm optimistic we'll see Kenny Omega again.”

“Certainly, it's something for all the fans to look forward to. I think everybody's just going to go crazy when Kenny does come back, which I think we're all very optimistic about."

We're sending out our best to Kenny Omega as he continues recovering from diverticulitis. AEW certainly misses him, and there are even new opponents in Will Ospreay and Kazuchika Okada, both people he knows from NJPW, who are going to be there waiting for his return as well.

It seems that, after the Young Bucks "fired" Omega from The Elite, a match with Okada is ready-made for The Cleaner. We will have to wait for his return to see it happen.