Kurt Angle is one of the greatest to ever lace up his boots, and Kenny Omega would agree with that. The former AEW World Champion recently explained why Angle is his favorite.

Kenny Omega is a student of the game, but his go-to is Kurt Angle. The AEW EVP explained on his Twitch stream why he considers Kurt Angle his favorite.

While speaking on his Twitch stream, Kenny Omega went into why Kurt Angle is the most complete wrestler in his book. He embodies, not only what a physical performer can do with any style, but also his ability to embrace the lighter side of things.

"I do think that Kurt Angle is the greatest, I can't just say in-ring performer, to me he's just the most complete wrestler of all time. He's my favorite. He's my go-to guy to study for me. Being an athletic guy who wants to mesh well and compliment every wrestling style, but also not, I'm also not, if anyone is familiar with me, I'm not above embarrassing myself and doing silly things, and that is a lot of what Kurt did on TV."

Kurt Angle certainly took part in some memorable comedy segments. Kenny Omega can say the same, as he's let loose on many occasions, whether it was on Being The Elite or AEW television.

Kenny Omega is currently on an indefinite break from wrestling. Last December, he revealed he was dealing with diverticulitis, a serious condition affecting the large intestine, which requires time off for recovery.

Omega is not the only pro wrestler who has dealt with this illness. WWE wrestlers Brock Lesnar and Shane McMahon have also experienced diverticulitis, with Lesnar undergoing surgery in November 2009 before returning to UFC competition eight months later.

Tony Khan is optimistic about Kenny Omega's return to the ring. That being said, there is no return timetable for The Cleaner just yet.