Former WWE superstar Ronda Rousey tells it all in her new book, Our Fight: A Memoir, which will be released on April 2. She is promoting the book ahead of its worldwide release, and she has been opening up about her career in WWE.

In an interview with Cageside Seats, Rousey detailed her frustrations with her time at the company and how she felt mismanaged under Vince McMahon's regime.

Rosey also noted that even when McMahon retired on July 22, 2022, his influence was still felt through WWE Executive Director Bruce Prichard. Ultimately, McMahon would return, and Rousey left the company the following year. However, McMahon's leadership also changed, as he resigned from the company and TKO Group Holding on January 26 after being alleged of sexual assault and sex trafficking by former employee Janel Grant.

WWE President Nick Khan currently leads WWE, and Levesque is the Chief Content Officer. In the interview, she spoke highly of Levesque and wished he was entirely in charge, dating back to her return to WWE in 2022. Rick Ucchino transcribed the following quotes:

"I’m so glad that it’s getting turned around,” Rousey said after certain changes were brought to her attention. “Triple H has been great towards the women in the company and really believing in us. He’s the whole reason that I was there, ‘cause he believed in me. I really wish that my last run was under Triple H running things and Vince being gone.”

Rousey also revealed that WWE wanted her to stay before she decided to leave last year. She lost her last match in the company against Shayna Baszler at WWE SummerSlam on August 5, 2023. Before the final appearance, the former WWE Smackdown Women's Champion detailed her conversation with Levesque in her book.

In a meeting to get her to stay, Rousey shared that she felt it was time to move on and even called WWE mediocre at the time.

"I had a long sit down with Triple H, and I was like, ‘I can’t be associated with mediocrity.’ And that’s what they seemed to be happy with at the time. And I hope that is different now, but I can’t say... that I’ve ever experienced it any other way," said Rousey.

If Levesque had more creative control in WWE two years ago, Rousey may have decided to re-sign with the company. However, the issues behind the scenes were enough to make the former UFC superstar walk away for good.