AEW star Wheeler Yuta has been forced to withdraw from a CMLL event as he is currently sidelined.

Yuta was slated to team with his Blackpool Combat Club teammates, Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, & Claudio Castagnoli to face the team of Mistico, Volador Jr, Blue Panther, & Ultimo Guerrero for the March 29 CMLL show.

However, the promotion announced that Wheeler Yuta is not medically cleared to compete. Meanwhile, Matt Sydal has been announced as his replacement.
Official statement on Wheeler Yuta's withdrawal

CMLL posted the following letter from AEW on Twitter/X:

"Dear CMLL;

This letter is to inform you that WHEELER YUTA is not medically cleared for travel or any in ring activities at this time and will not be able to participate in your upcoming event. I have obtained authorization from Wheeler Yuta to share this information to CMLL and all involved. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. If you have any questions that I may be able to answer, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Yuta was roped in by BCC back in 2022 when he impressed not only the members of the faction, Jon Moxley, Bryan Danielson, and Claudio Castagnoli but also then-manager, William Regal.

Being mentored by the seasoned superstars, he has managed to hone his craft. His learnings from his teammates have been on display and it is needless to mention that Wheeler Yuta is thriving.

A few months back, while speaking with the Northeast Times, Yuta revealed what each member of The Blackpool Combat Club has taught him:

“Claudio, he’s taught me about European uppercuts. He’s also showed me how to take care of my body, my condition, and how to work out in the ring through tag team matches. Moxley, he taught me how to unlock aggression, to turn it up a notch and to win any means necessary.

And Bryan is such an amazing technician. Little techniques you might not pick up on, but in the ring, they really matter. Bryan has showed me technique. And of course his Lordship, (William) Regal, has been immense in wrestling and in life.”

Yuta had last competed on the January 12 (taped on January 10) episode of AEW Rampage when he faced Eddie Kingston for the Continental Crown. It's curious that an injury has not been disclosed by either AEW or Yuta himself, despite his lengthy absence from action.

We will now have to wait and see when Yuta manages to make his return to the squared circle.