Nigel McGuiness has made quite the name for himself as a broadcaster in wrestling, but could the former ROH World Champion be gearing up for an in-ring return?

It was a Hepatitis B diagnosis that derailed McGuinness' career in 2011 and led to his retiring from the ring. During an episode of AEW Unrestricted last year, McGuinness explained that WWE had opted not to sign him because of the diagnosis, and he did not wish to return to TNA Wrestling.

Speaking to the Wrestling Weekly with Les Thatcher & Victor Sosa, McGuinness was asked about a potential return to action. The British broadcaster then revealed that he recently felt fine when he got in the ring.

"I can still wrestle today, you know? I got in the ring last week and just felt perfectly okay. Sometimes, people say it’s a lot easier if you choose yourself to quit and I don’t think that it’s the case.”

If McGuinness was to wrestle again, he would not be the first wrestler to come back from retirement. Saraya, Adam Copeland, and Bryan Danielson were all once told their in-ring careers were over but all three now wrestle for AEW.

Over in WWE, injuries forced Corey Graves to retire from the ring, which resulted in him becoming a commentator. Graves has since been cleared to compete again, though he's yet to have an official match.

McGuinness has said in the past that he would've relished the opportunity to face Bryan Danielson at last year's AEW All In event inside Wembley Stadium. With AEW set to return to the UK this August, it seems more possible than ever that a match could finally happen.