Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Mick Foley Calls Off Planned Final Match with Family's Urging After Suffering Concussion

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley no longer plans on competing in one final match after recognizing the symptoms of a concussion he unknowingly experienced.

In February, Foley expressed his desire to have one final death match to mark his 60th birthday, saying it'd be a good motivator to lose weight. Foley announced the following month that he planned to document his journey back to the ring.

Unfortunately, that match is no longer in the cards. Taking to YouTube, Mick explained why he is no longer planning on having one more match.

"I had to miss a couple of weekend appearances because of dizziness and lightheadedness. After consulting a couple of doctors and also using my own experience with concussions, the symptoms, seem to point to a concussion that I did not even know I received."

Foley added that he experienced lightheadedness after a recent workout, which he was hoping would go away, and said he'd done "a little bit" in the ring. Given how even a small bit of wrestling affected him this badly, Mick said it was in his best interest to not compete.

"It just seems like the wisest move and one that's strongly supported by my family is to call off that final match. If I can get concussed from something I'm not even aware of, and some of the things that I was thinking of doing and hoping of doing in a big match would not be smart. So with my family's urging and after careful thought, I've decided there will be no final match."

This comes as a huge blow for Foley who had been eager to have one final match. It also serves as a reminder that injuries faced in wrestling, no matter how big or small, are not to be taken lightly.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

That is a shame, I would have loved to see him in the ring one last time. A death match he would not have had to move to fast etc but I can completely understand why he just can not do it. IMO he has done enough to put himself as a living legend of wrestling. Thank you Mick

Might've been for the best.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

It's a shame tbh. But it would probably not have been one of the dream matches Foley fans really wanted anyways.

Thank you for everything Mick!

I am always thinking I'm surprised the guy is still alive or not in a wheel chair. He is one tough bastard as The Undertaker calls him.