Fans were expecting to see The WWE Avengers assembling for Cody Rhodes' WrestleMania 40 battle against The Bloodline and they were not disappointed.

Not only people such as Jey Uso and Seth Rollins came out to help even the odds but fans were greeted with the welcome surprise of John Cena and Undertaker making an appearance to help The American Nightmare finally finish the story.

The new Undisputed WWE Champion was asked about these cameos during his appearance on the Pat McAfee Show after the PLE. He first noted how everyone who came down to the ring brought a unique characteristic with them:

"I think one of the most exciting parts about this moment where individuals start showing up is everybody brings something uniquely different.

I had not forgot in a negative way. It just had been some time since I had felt what it's like when John Cena runs down to that ring. The level of just energy and effect and his commitment to hearing the people and giving the people what they want. That was something special to see.

The Undertaker, the only real thread with me and The Undertaker is simply that I'm up against one of his opponents. But when I saw the Undertaker, that to me, it just felt like here's the old sheriff. Here's the guard. Here's the judge. Here was 40 years of WrestleMania and I was really impressed and blown away and touched at The Undertaker being part of that."

Despite the inclusion of some of wrestling's biggest legends, the final chapter of this theatrical played out between Cody Rhodes, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins. The Architect fulfilled his promise to be Cody's Shield. The obsession with his former partner's betrayal is what ultimately caused The Tribal Chief his title.

Speaking about the ending of the match, Rhodes mentioned that he loves the past eras of wrestling but this proves that the current era is the best ever:

"You gotta wonder how does it feel when you have The Undertaker, when you have 'The Final Boss' The Rock. When you have these luminary figures and the last thing you're seeing is myself, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins.

That is a testament to what I have been saying before even AEW. I love the Attitude Era with all my heart. I love the golden age of the 1980s, but we are in the best era ever."

You can check out Cody Rhodes' full interview below: