Kenny Omega has provided an update on his health and it seems surgery remains on the card.

Omega has been on the shelf for four months as he recuperates from diverticulitis. During his latest live video game stream on Twitch, the former AEW World Champion reveals he’s still battling the effects of diverticulitis and diverticulosis.

He’s been focusing on milder treatments for his injury and general wellness, including gut health and healing peptides. Omega says this has helped reduce inflammation but may not be enough for him to be able to avoid surgery.

"With these supplements, a lot of my inflammation has gone down,” he said. “I'm able to eat properly and drink more fluids without feeling discomfort. Aside from feeling sensitive to the touch, for a quick second I thought, 'Oh my goodness, is it possible I'm able to go back without surgery?' Nah. The first time I take someone's double foot stomp, even if it's Marko Stunt or Riho, something is probably going to blow. Even if Dobby walks on my belly, that's a 21-pound cat."

Omega has added that he feels good for day-to-day training but things "get dangerous" when he does heavy lifting. He added:

"As good as I feel right now in my day to day and training, once impact starts to get involved or you have to use your core to do heavy lifts, that's when things start to get dangerous. I'm going to have to make sure it's all taken care of."

Omega was diagnosed with diverticulitis after his match as Ethan Page last year. He went on to miss the AEW Worlds End pay-per-view where he was set to join forces with Chris Jericho to challenge then-AEW World Tag-Team Champions Big Bill and Ricky Starks.

There is no timetable for Omega's return as he remains on the sidelines to recover from the illness. Meanwhile, he was fired from The Elite with his arch-rival Kazuchika Okada being named the replacement.