The Blackpool Combat Club may be as tough as they come in the ring, but backstage the group likes few things more than settling in with a good book.

Since coming together in 2022, the BCC has forged a path of excellence in AEW which has resulted in several high-profile feuds and many championship wins. Speaking to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated though, Bryan Danielson explained the faction's other kind of club.

“There is a BCC book club. We recommend books to each other. Reading is fantastic. Once you open the door to the world of books, there is so much to learn.”

Danielson added that the BCC book club helps the group stay "connected" and that they share the belief that reading can enhance your life. The American Dragon also revealed what he's currently reading.

“I typically read three books at a time. I’ve been encouraging a lot of Mary Oliver’s Devotions, from a poetry perspective, it’s the best introduction to poetry."

In 2016, Danielson (then Daniel Bryan) penned Yes: My Improbable Journey to the Main Event of WrestleMania. The book documents Bryan's unlikely rise in WWE as well as the highs and lows of his time on the independent scene. In the interview, Danielson teased a new book could be coming as he's been getting back into writing.

"The last year-and-a-half, I’ve really been getting better at writing. I’m doing it as a way to clarify my own thoughts. In this world, where we’re told what our morality is."

Reading is a great way to relax, boost concentration and memory skills, and increase your imagination and knowledge. If you've been inspired to pick up a book then 'The Man, Not Your Average, Average Girl' by Becky Lynch may be for you.