Non-disclosure agreements became a hot topic in pro wrestling, thanks to the hush money scandal that led to Vince McMahon's WWE departure. The company's practice of NDAs extends past that scandalous situation, as even Eric Young agreed to sign a non-disclosure agreement with WWE.

Eric Young requested and was granted his release from WWE in April 2023, shortly after re-signing with the company in November 2022. At the time, it was reported that his decision came after Vince McMahon returned to an official capacity in WWE as part of the deal with Endeavor.

Speaking to Sunday Night’s Main Event, Eric Young revealed that when he rejoined WWE, he never physically left his home for work. He signed a non-disclosure agreement, which still restricts him from naming specific people, but he did acknowledge that he refused to return due to someone who was around.

"I actually never left my house (after agreeing to return to WWE in 2022). I mean, the whole story’s wild. Again, I had to sign an NDA, and I’m not allowed to say names… (Host asked if Young’s NDA is as ironclad as Janel Grant’s NDA) I don’t know. It depends if it goes federal or not. I mean, I might be able to say everything here within a few months but, the truth is, I don’t need to talk badly on it.

It is what it is and I talked to Hunter and he hired me back and wanted me back there and I was and another person came back and I won’t work for that person, I won’t be around that person and I said that when I left there the first time when I got fired and I meant it and you know, for me, there was tons of professional reasons."

On January 25th, Janel Grant, a former WWE employee, filed a lawsuit against Vince McMahon, alleging sex trafficking and sexual assault. McMahon resigned from his position on the TKO Group Board of Directors after Slim Jim pulled their sponsorship on the day before the 2024 Royal Rumble event. He has since denied the allegations, stating his intention to clear his name.

The lawsuit led WWE to distance itself from McMahon, who had previously led the company for over 40 years. In the summer of 2023, McMahon was served with a grand jury subpoena for documents related to allegations of sexual misconduct against current or former WWE employees.

Additionally, it was revealed that Janel Grant and at least four other women had previously entered into Non-Disclosure Agreements with McMahon regarding similar allegations. Grant's legal team has since said that the amount of people coming forward to issue their own complaints about McMahon is overwhelming.

Young expressed confidence that he could still work at WWE today. He remains in close contact with Triple H and holds him and the majority of the WWE staff in high regard.

Regarding his departure from IMPACT, Young disclosed that he had no plans to return after signing a four-year contract with WWE.

In 2022, Eric Young concluded his time with IMPACT Wrestling, as he exited their television stories after he was stabbed by Cody Deaner. This angle was designed to write him off as he was transitioning back to WWE, a move that never truly materialized.