Tony Schiavone was not upset that the backstage fight at AEW All In: London 2023 was aired, despite what some insist to be the case.

The infamous footage was broadcast during the April 10, edition of AEW Dynamite, seemingly in response to CM Punk's comments about the incident during Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour podcast. After the footage was shown by the Young Bucks, Schiavone looked dejected at the commentary table with fans believing this reaction was genuine.

On his What Happened When podcast, Schiavone acknowledged his reaction but made clear that he wasn't genuinely mad at the decision to air the footage.

"My facial reaction is trying to put more heat on the Bucks being assholes... I was not upset at the promotion, I was not upset at Tony Khan. I was not p***ed off with what we had shown. I was trying to be fully in the moment of the angle."

In kayfabe, the footage was aired by the Young Bucks to justify their loss at AEW All In: London. The pair's reasoning was that because of the backstage issues, they were unable to sufficiently prepare for their match with FTR at the event.

Though Schiavone does not have an issue with the footage airing, many have said it backfired on AEW and did more damage to the company's reputation than it did to Punk. Some have even gone as far as to deem it a cheap ratings ploy akin to the dying days of WCW, a claim that Schiavone also rejects.

"Social media is about idiots coming together and making up their own ideas... There's absolutely no way you can compare us to WCW... I was there at both, you were not"

Ultimately, the decision was made to air the footage and AEW can't un-open that can of worms. After giving up a portion of their show to showcasing of WWE's most popular Superstars though, it remains to be seen how this development plays into FTR Vs. The Young Bucks for the vacant AEW World Tag Team Championships at AEW Dynasty.