Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Vince McMahon Remains In Contact with The Rock & John Cena Amid WWE Exit

Vince McMahon's days in WWE may be a thing of the past, but the former Chairman remains in touch with some huge names from the world of pro wrestling.

McMahon resigned from WWE for the second time in January 2024 and unlike his 2022 retirement, he is not expected to return. WWE has made a concerted effort to distance themselves from McMahon including launching a new 'era' with WrestleMania 40, the first 'Showcase of the Immortals' without McMahon's involvement. McMahon recently listed the remainder of his stock in TKO for sale which if all is sold, would give him no shareholder influence over the company.

While WWE has avoided referencing McMahon on its programming, the billionaire remains in contact with TKO board member Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, NBC News reports. The Brahma Bull was appointed to the board around the same time that the Janel Grant lawsuit against McMahon that resulted in his resignation came to light.

The 78-year-old billionaire also remains in contact with John Cena though there's no word on what either man discusses with McMahon. This isn't the first time Cena's name has been linked to McMahon following his resignation. The 16-time World Champion's recent comments about loving McMahon despite the allegations against him spawned a backlash for the wrestler-turned-actor.

McMahon's departure from WWE is arguably the biggest exit in company history but he isn't the only veteran to leave the squared circle behind. Kevin Dunn left WWE after over four decades in late 2023 despite hopes within the promotion that he'd stay on until WrestleMania 40. He has been replaced as Head of Production by Lee Fitting.

Sue Aitchison is another long-time WWE name who has left WWE. Aitchison oversaw WWE's outreach department and played an intrinsic role in nurturing the company's relationship with Make-A-Wish. For her efforts, she received the WWE Hall of Fame's Warrior Award in 2019.

Right now, it's hard to ignore the 'changing of the guard' atmosphere within WWE as those who ruled the company for decades are no longer in the picture. With that said it'll still be some time until Vince's people are fully phased out of the promotion's internal workings.

As McMahon prepares for possibly the biggest fight of his life, at least legally speaking, the fact that some of WWE's top names have kept in touch with him is an interesting development, and suggests that McMahon could indeed have an interest in WWE greater than what those in the promotion are letting on.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

They do not explain how they actually know The Rock is still in contact with Vince. Although maybe it could be about buying his stock. I just don't see The Rock saying publicly he still talks to McMahon unless it for business.

I would think Cena regrets those comments in a way. Cena going to be phased out after Mania 41 anyway I guess with maybe guest appearances after, now and then. I'm over John Cena. He is not one of the best, I will say one of the most popular because of his push by McMahon. I still say Cena has one of the worst finishers that looks so fake in history .. the STF. A poor mans crippler.

I am glad The Rock is staying though.