Drew McIntyre has admitted that he may have gone a tad too far with his goading of CM Punk at WrestleMania 40, but was able to prove that he is a man of his word.

McIntyre won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE WrestleMania 40: Sunday, his first World Championship win in front of a live WWE crowd. After goading CM Punk at ringside however, McIntyre was attacked by the Best in the World and Mr. Money in the Bank Damian Priest would capitalize on the attack.

As countless fans have pointed out, all McIntyre had to do was to avoid taunting CM Punk and he would have left Philadelphia as the World Heavyweight Champion. In a recent Twitter video, Drew justified his actions.

"This is everything I worked for, for 20 years. This was my moment, I earned it, I’m sorry I wanted to soak in every single second of it at WrestleMania, make the world title moment last an eternity. Oh to celebrate with my wife, or my fans who have been through much."

While McIntyre was pleased to have his moment, the contemplative former World Heavyweight Champion admitted that he may have gone a bit overboard.

"I saw Punk. I might have gotten carried away a bit, but I told him I’d rub it in his stupid face and I’m a man of a word. I was within striking distance on purpose and he didn’t raise one finger until I was distracted and assaulted me like the coward he is.”

Not only did Punk cost McIntyre at WrestleMania, but he also cost the Scottish Warrior in the number-one contenders match during the following Raw. While a match is expected between the two, that hinges on Punk being cleared and McIntyre signing a new contract with the promotion.