Bill Goldberg may have wrestled his final match. Last year, WWE Hall of Famer revealed that he agreed to wrestle Roman Reigns in February 2022 and put Reigns over under the condition that he’d receive a proper retirement match afterwards with lots of celebration and fanfare. Unfortunately, that match never took place and Goldberg says Vince McMahon broke his promise.

Following Goldberg's departure from WWE at the end of that’s year, many fans have wondered if the former WWE Champion would consider holding his final in-ring performance outside the realm of WWE. During a recent interview with 93.7 The Ticket, Goldberg provided an update on his retirement match plans, indicating that they have since been put on the backburner.

"I'll be perfectly honest with you. I've kind of put that on the back burner," Goldberg said. "Right now, I've segued into dad, first and foremost, and husband and car host. I'm just having fun at my garage. So I really don't have a lot of time right now to dedicate to prepping for a retirement match."

As Goldberg noted, much of his focus has been dedicated to helping his son, Gage, make the transition from high school to college football. Earlier this year, Gage announced that he had officially committed to the University of Colorado Boulder with the aim of continuing his football and academic career.

Goldberg had a similar experience three decades ago when he signed as a defensive tackle for the University of Georgia Bulldogs. As such, Goldberg knows his son's upcoming transition could be rather challenging.

"I'm trying to do everything I can in my power 24/7 to get our boy [Gage] prepped for the next phase of his life," Goldberg said. "And in all honesty, that's the most important thing I could ever have going. "Whether I was ready to step in the ring right now or not, I'd put it all on the back burner for this boy. It's going to be tough, man."