WWE NXT Women's Champion Roxanne Perez is focused on getting her dream match with AJ Lee before the gold-brand Superstar hangs up her boots.

Sitting down with Ring The Belle, Perez discussed her immense respect for Lee, a three-time WWE Divas Champion. The NXT star made clear that she'll keep wrestling as long as she can in order to get a match with Mrs. CM Punk.

"Hopefully, one day, she'll come back and maybe we can all do something together. That would be, that would be like my dream. I can't retire until I have a match against AJ Lee."

AJ Lee hasn't wrestled since 2015 but the former Superstar hasn't left the world of professional wrestling entirely. Lee joined WOW - Women of Wrestling in 2021 as an executive producer and commentator. In August 2023, Lee said she would be parting ways with WOW at the end of her contract.

Perez is hardly the only woman in wrestling to hold AJ Lee in high regard. Fellow NXT Superstar Cora Jade has called Lee an inspiration, especially her feud with Paige (now AEW's Saraya.) Julia Hart told the Busted Open Radio podcast earlier this year that she looked up to Lee and Alexa Bliss before stepping into the ring herself.

Unsurprisingly, CM Punk has a high estimation of his wife and has said that he'd love to see Lee back in the world of wrestling and has brought her up on WWE TV since returning in November 2023. Lee is said to be well-liked and respected by those in WWE today, but a return was not something actively being discussed as of March 2024.