source: wrestlemag.com

Following on from the story we’ve been following over the past couple of days regarding Steve Corino’s departure from 1PW, Corino this afternoon posted the following on his MySpace blog:

I am getting a lot of emails and My Space messages about this so I will just answer it without getting too much into it. I have resigned as booker of 1PW Wrestling in England. I won’t get into my reasons for quitting because Mr. Gauntley knows them. The big question is if I am going to stay with the company and I have given my word that I will do the November 26th show and then reevaluate. Will I leave for good? I don’t know. I have tried not to go public on anything because I believe business is between the businessmen (unless I am looking for the gossip!) but since 1PW has spoken with the press about it I will be honest and tell everyone that I am not 100% happy with the company but what is important that the fans get the best wrestling possible.

I really do think I did a good job since May considering that the budget was cut but we increased attendance. I just read that Dean Ayass has taken over the booking and that is a step in the right direction if 1PW wants to survive. Dean has great ideas and hopefully will be given free reign. I want to thank 1PW for giving me the opportunity to produce events with some of the best talent in the world and I want to thank the fans for giving me the biggest babyface run on my career. Who knows what 2007 will bring for me but I will tell you that every cheer meant a lot in 2006.