Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Chiefs in discussions to hire Edwards away from Jets

Herman Edwards, who spent time on Kansas City's staff, would cost the Chiefs draft picks if they hire him
    NEW YORK (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets discussed a compensation package for coach Herman Edwards on Wednesday, a person familiar with the situation said on condition of anonymity.

The Chiefs, rumored to be interested in Edwards for the last two months, would have to give up draft picks to hire Edwards because he is still under contract with the Jets. Edwards has ties to the Kansas City organization and general manager Carl Peterson, and would replace retired coach Dick Vermeil.

The NFL must approve the deal before it can be official, and nothing was submitted to the league office by late Wednesday afternoon.

Giving up draft picks is nothing new to the Chiefs. Kansas City surrendered a second- and a third-round pick when it hired Vermeil, who was technically under contract with St. Louis even though he was retired. Peterson was upset about that, and though he declined to discuss Edwards at a news conference Tuesday, he did say "Any time I have to part with a No. 1 draft choice it's painful."

But the Chiefs might not have to if the Jets agree to take lower-round selections. That would make sense for the Jets, who need as many picks as they can get to fill holes after a 4-12 season.

The Jets maintained Wednesday the Chiefs haven't officially contacted them. Edwards' agent, Gary O'Hagan, said he hasn't spoken with the Jets or Chiefs, saying, "I'm only talking to Coach Edwards."

Edwards, who has two years left on his contract, wants an extension with the Jets so he could have more time to rebuild the team. At $2 million a year, Edwards is one of the lowest-paid coaches in the league, and wanted a raise as a reward for taking the team to the playoffs three times in five years.

Still, he maintained throughout the season and as late as Monday that he planned to be the Jets' coach. In November, team owner Woody Johnson also said he wanted Edwards to stay.

"I'm happy to be the coach here and I'm going to be the coach here, like I said before, and that's as far as I want to comment on it," Edwards said earlier this week.

It appears that is no longer likely

AP
    Towards the rnd of the season there was talk of Herman Edwards being sacked by the Jets after the last couple of disapointing seasons,Now it makes sense if the Chiefs are willing to offer some compensation then why not take it
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

Edwards is a hell of a coach. He'd be a great adition to any team. I think Chad Pennington screwed him every year by getting injured. If CP could have stayed healthy, he'd have a hell of record and more respect.