OVW's first TV taping of 2006 was very eventful. Internet reports that Paul Heyman was there could not be confirmed because he's never seen at these tapings by the public. I heard that Matt Cappotelli was seen leaving the arena after the show, but didn't see him myself. His health was not addressed to the audience at the show, but I don't know what was said on commentary.

Dean Hill and Al Snow were in the Party Zone this week, which is a newly constructed section of the New Davis Arena sponsered by a loc! al pizza chain. In the opening dark match, Nick Nemeth (managed by Mike Mondo with a new clean cut look and expensive looking suit) pinned Roadkill in a really good match. Roadkill looked very good.

Then Dean and Al open the TV show from the Party Zone, and we go up to the ring where Monday Night Raw's Maria Kanellis (in a super hot outfit) welcomes everyone to the first OVW show of 2006. But wait! Up on the OVW Big Screen is Osama Rodrigues Alejandro, who does a great promo. Osama complains about Maria getting so much airtime, because, as Osama says, he's the "Havana Heavyweight Champion and the Cuban Champion too!" He hilariously gives a shoutout to all the hispanics in the house tonight. He then introduces Senorita Roberta Dawber, and out comes Robbie Dawber dressed like a Spanish Stripper. This was the funniest thing I've seen in a long long time. Dawber hops the guardrail and gives lap dances to Dean and Al, who are trying to look disturbed but ev! eryone is laughing out loud. Finally, Senorita Roberta gets in the ring and starts dancing around Maria. The Spanish dance music dies down, and Dawber says, "Hi, I'm Robbie Dawber," and of course Maria slaps him across the face. A brief catfight ensues, in which one of Dawber's false boobs explodes, and Maria is left in the ring to dance provocatively to the spanish music. This is a must see segment.

Elijah Burke teamed with OVW Tag Team Champions Seth Skyfire and Chet The Jet Jablonski and defeated The Dikks and Paul Birchall. Seth skyfire pinned Chad Dikk. Very good match with lots of good action with everyone looking really good.

Aaron "The Idol" Stevens won the OVW TV Title in an incredible 3 Way Dance. It started as OVW TV Champion CM Punk vs Brent Albright vs Ken Doane in a rematch from their 3 Way Dance a month ago. About 12 minutes into the match, Doane took a clothesline over the top rope and then! crashed into the OVW Announcers Table and got knocked out. Keep in mind, the announcers were in the Party Zone. I thought Doane was legitimately hurt. As Doane was taken to the back by Sosay and Dean Visk (who hasn't been on TV for 2 months, no sign of Kenny Bolin who looks to be gone), Idol's music hits and he comes out with Beth Phoenix and Shelly, who are dressed in very sexy outfits. Idol wants to replace Doane, and both Punk and Albright accept. The match is restarted. About 10 more minutes into the match, Albright catches Punk in the Crowbar arm lock submission and Punk taps out. The TV Champion has been eliminated. Idol and Albright battle for the title in a really good fight. These two had a feud during Jim Cornette's last days as booker and have good chemistry. Beth and Shelly get involved, which distracts the referee, which allows Punk to come back out and hit a vicious shoot kick on Albright, who had Idol locked in the Crowbar and Idol was tapping (but ! the referee didn't see it because of Beth and Shelly's distraction). Stevens covered Albright and won the title. This was an excellent match, and the Punk vs Albright feud continues to dominate OVW in a really good way.

There was an intermission, and then in a dark match, The Riggs Brothers were defeated by Johnny Jeter and Chris Cage.

No public announcement of Matt Cappotelli, but we'll see when the TV show airs this weekend. An excellent first show of the year.

1wrestling
OVW just keeps getting better each week and it's a shame that TWC do not show their shows as scince Paul Heyman has been involved the shows have recieving great reviews are supposed to be on par with the old style of ECW.