Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Huge Backstage Vince McMahon Update, Divas

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

According to new reports, Vince McMahon has given some indications recently that the Women's Division will be more T&A oriented and will get less TV time now that former stars such as Trish Stratus and Lita have left the company. Looking at the roster, the only two legitimate female wrestlers are Victoria and Mickie James. McMahon is said to like both, but feels they aren't marketable on the level that Trish and Lita were. It should also be noted that women in WWE's developmental territories have been told to sit tight and not anticipate a call-up to any of the main WWE rosters.

Joey Mercury is still slated to continue working in Ohio Valley Wrestling. Mercury did appear at the Smackdown tapings this week in a match against Matt Hardy. The feeling by WWE's creative team and agents is that Johnny Nitro has more potential in the singles division and pairing him up again with Mercury permanently doesn't look to be in the plans. The same goes for The Hardy's at the moment as well, as WWE wants to keep Jeff Hardy in a singles push and then possibly reunite The Hardy's again around WrestleMania. This has fueled talk of a rematch between The Hardy's and MNM at WrestleMania 23. That could be a ladder match.

Mike Bucci, formerly Simon Dean and Nova, is now the middle man between WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT and Ohio Valley wrestling. This was a role previously held by Tommy Dreamer, but when Dreamer began wrestling more for the ECW brand, he was replaced by Bucci.

well that's practically confirmed what a lot of fans have been thinking for a long time; the women's division is getting sluttier. i think that's stupid as i would rather watch women wrestle instead of them just being paraded as eye-candy

Well, looks like we can all say goodbye to the Women's division, which is a shame. All they need is some women who can actually wrestlle and ditch the ones with great fake bodies but horrible faces (namely Candice and Melina).

I hadn't even noticed that Simon Dean hasn't been on Smackdown lately... So that's what he has been up to these days!

I always thought Nitro had more potential than Mercury, I really hope they do not reunite MNM. Nitro woul be better off without Melina though.

Just because....

Definate shame about the Women's division.

the women's divisiona lways bored me to tears anyways...i only watched on the off chance of a wardrobe malfunction.

as far as nitro goes, he's great in the ring but needs melina by his side. has anyone heard that guy talk? it's painful listening to him try to put a sentence together.

i think simon dean should come back to ecw as nova he was badass

Ring Crew

Thumbs down

The womens division was great at one point, when so many athletic women were in wwe (molly/jacqueline/ivory/trish and lita lately), but nowadays its just mostly models so I feel sorry for mickie james and victoria for being stuck doing bs gimmicks.

The women's division was great to watch women WRESTLE but the looks were also go but wrestling is better. Simon Dean should go to OVW so he could wrestle and not get a really bad gimmick like simon dean. And as 4 MNM fuck um they both suck on air but Nitro is a better wrestler.