FIP Headlines for 12.19.06: Cage of Pain Sees Barbed Wire, Light Tubes & Over 5000 Thumbtacks

Cage Of Pain Sees Barbed Wire, Light Tubes & Over 5000 Thumbtacks

The eight month long feud pitting Black Market of Joey Machete & Shawn Murphy against The Heartbreak Express of Sean & Phil Davis ended in the most hardcore, bloody and violent bout in FIP history last Friday in front of a record crowd in Crystal River, FL.

The Cage Of Pain saw a steel cage wrapped in barbed wire. The two teams battered each other with light tubes, steel garbage cans and other weapons. The end of the match saw Sean Davis powerbombed off the top rope through a table that was covered with 5000 thumbtacks. The fans gave both teams a standing ovation after the brutal match. The match was such a battle that the fans even applauded The Heartbreak Express, who are the most hated tag team in FIP history.

Strong vs. Richards For FIP Title This Friday In ROH

Roderick Strong is already on a roll as FIP Heavyweight Champion. Strong won the belt only one month ago and has already successfully defended it against Shingo, Steve Madison and Hallowicked. Now Strong will put the strap on the line this Friday at the ROH event in Hartford, CT against Davey Richards (check www.ROHwrestling.com for info).

Strong and Richards have a growing history in FIP. Richards defeated Strong in a 25 minute classic before Strong won the title. During Strong's victory celebration after winning the belt, Richards crashed the party and demanded a title shot. Things escalated again last weekend when Richards spit on Strong causing a pull apart brawl. Now these two stars will fight this Friday in ROH.

"I said I would raise the prestige of the belt and so far I have put down three challengers in a month," Strong said. "This will continue in Hartford when I put the belt on the line against Davey. My goal is to steal the show and keep this title."

"I've waited long enough," Richards said, "now I'm going to take that belt. I know how tough Roderick is. I know how hard he chops, but I kick harder and I'm hungrier. I want that belt and I'm taking it this Friday."

New Talent Impresses In FIP

Larry Sweeney, Hallowicked, Gran Akuma and Osamu Nishimura all impressed in their FIP debuts last weekend. The new influx of talent brought some fresh matches to FIP. You can check the "events" section of www.FullImpactPro.com for complete results of last weekend.

Sweeney shined going 2-0 with wins over Jerrelle Clark and Colt Cabana. Hallowicked & Akuma scored an upset in their debut when they defeated the DP Associates team of Delirious & Shingo. Akuma took Davey Richards to the limit in a losing effort on the next night. The Saturday event saw Hallowicked win the Florida Rumble and have a competitive FIP Title match against Roderick Strong. Fans in Inverness, FL were treated to the pairing of a Japanese legend in Nishimura and one of Japan's fastest rising stars in Shingo as they defeated Black Market.

Sweeney and Akuma are set to return in January. Hallowicked will be back in the future. Jimmy Rave and Jack Evans will also both make their FIP returns next month. There will also be several new talent debuts including "The Gun For Hire" Brent Albright, Jimmy Jacobs and Shiima Xion. Things are heating up in FIP with lots of new talent.

The Skinny On The January Events

The FullImpactPro.com Headlines will be back soon to detail all the happenings of The YRR that will lead to some big grudge matches in January. Here is a quick look at what's going down in FIP next month:

Friday, January 12th, 2007
Citrus County Auditorium
3610 S. Florida Ave. (Highway 41)
Inverness, FL 34452
Doors open at 7:30 pm and shows start at 8 pm
Tickets are $15 & Kids 13 and under only $5
Tickets are available at the door the night of the event
For more info call - (352) 422-4582

Grudge Tag Team Match
Black Market w/ Allison Danger vs. The YRR w/ Daffney

Bounty Match
Erick Stevens vs. Brent Albright

Also signed:

-FIP Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong
-DP Associates of Bryan Danielson, Shingo, Jimmy Rave, Jack Evans & Shane Hagadorn with Dave Prazak & Mr. Milo Beasley
-The YRR of Steve Madison, Sal Rinauro, Chasyn Rance & Kenny King with Daffney
-The Heartbreak Express with So Cal Val
-Seth Delay
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Larry Sweeney
-Shiima Xion
-Gran Akuma
-Pelle Primeau
-Plus more to be announced

Saturday, January 13th, 2007 -
National Guard Armory
8551 W. Venable St., Crystal River, FL
Doors open at 7:30 pm and shows start at 8 pm
Tickets are $15 & Kids 13 and under only $5
Tickets are available at the door the night of the event
For more info call - (352) 422-4582

Dog Collar Match
Erick Stevens vs. Steve Madison w/ Daffney

Tables, Ladders & Chair Match
Seth Delay vs. Sal Rinauro w/ Daffney

Also signed:

-FIP Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong
-DP Associates of Bryan Danielson, Shingo, Jimmy Rave, Jack Evans & Shane Hagadorn with Dave Prazak & Mr. Milo Beasley
-The YRR of Chasyn Rance & Kenny King with Daffney
-Black Market with Allison Danger
-Brent Albright
-The Heartbreak Express
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Larry Sweeney
-Shiima Xion
-Gran Akuma
-Pelle Primeau
-Plus more to be announced

Source: Gerweck