Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Streep acting on behalf of 'old broads'

Meryl Streep has said she is proud to still be acting "on behalf of all the old broads".

The star said she hoped the success of 'Mamma Mia!' would encourage studios to make films for an older female audience.

Women over 40 had been "disdained" by Hollywood boardrooms in the past, she said.
    Streep, who will turn 60 in June, told the Radio Times that studios have been stuck in a rut of making movies to appeal to men and younger women who are dating.

"I think with the success of a few big pictures like 'Mamma Mia!' addressing an audience that, never mind being neglected, have been disdained in the boardrooms, there will be other films that target that audience," she said.

"'Mamma Mia!' is that rare thing you can enjoy with your mother or your child, and its aim is only to make you happy."

Streep said her daughters had helped her to stop worrying about her appearance over the years.

"I wasted so many years thinking I wasn't pretty enough and why didn't I have Jessica Lange's body or someone else's legs? What a waste of time," she told the magazine.

"Now I'm enjoying the tatters of what's left and I'm very happy. Part of it is having beautiful strong daughters and hearing them whine about what's wrong with them. I'm like, "Shut up! You're lovely!"

RTE
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

Main Eventer

Thanks for this.