Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Wrestling X Results - 26th jan 2007

Wrestling Society X Results - 26th Jan 2007 (special preview show)
    Commentators: Kris Kloss & Bret Ernst
    Special Guest Commentary: Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society)

This show was the "unofficial debut" airing on Friday night (January 26) at 10:00pm ET. Another airing is scheduled for Sunday (January 28) at Midnight ET. The "official" debut takes place this Tuesday night, January 30, going head-to-head with the last 30 minutes of ECW on Sci Fi.

- An animated intro played to kick off the show. It had a very "underground" and "Fight Club" feel to it combined with highlights of WSX in-ring action and some cool animations.

- Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society started playing a song to kick off the show. It probably didn't last longer than 30-45 seconds.

- The announcers for the show, Kris Kloss & Bret Ernst, welcomed us to the show.

- We then went to the ring with our ring announcer Fabian Kaelin. I've never seen someone have so much enthusiasm for a wrestling show in my entire life. It was almost too much at times.

Jack Evans defeated Matt Sydal w/ Lizzy Valentine.
    The setup here was that Matt Sydal and Lizzy Valentine where the popular "preppie" kids, while Jack Evans was the cocky ghetto white boy. For those who have seen Sydal and Evans work before, it was lots of high spots, but entertaining nonetheless. Evans hit a very impressive springboard flip dive over the top rope to Sydal on the outside. Zakk Wylde left the stage and came up and did commentary for this match. You could clearly tell he had no idea what he was doing there. Another impressive spot with Sydal hitting a standing moonsault on Evans. The finish saw Lizzy Valentine grab Evans leg as he came off the ropes. Evans even dragged Lizzy into the ring with him under the top rope. Evans escaped and hit Sydal with a big tornado DDT followed by a huge 630 Splash from the top rope to get the pinfall. After the match, Lizzy checked on Sydal, but also seemed interested in Evans.

- Highlights of upcoming tag teams in WSX is shown. Graphics were shown for each tag team that included Keepin' It Gangsta, D.I.F.H., Trailer Park Boyz and Team Dragon Gate.

- The announcers hyped the WSX Rumble coming up later tonight.

Backstage
    Justin Credible cut a promo about the WSX Rumble. A clip of New Jack pushing Chris Hamrick away backstage as also shown. We then went to a clip of Teddy Hart talking about his rich family history and his involvement in the WSX Rumble. And finally, Kaos and Aguilera were shown. Aguilera was on his cell phone and Kaos told him to take the Rumble seriously tonight.

WSX Rumble
    Participants included Justin Credible, Teddy Hart, Vampiro, 6-Pac (aka Sean Waltman), Alkatrazz, Kaoas, Youth Suicide, New Jack, Puma and Chris Hamrick.

The announcers ran down the rules where two wrestlers would start the match, a new wrestler would enter every 45 seconds, once all 10 men entered the two WSX contracts hanging above the ring would come into play and wrestlers were eliminated by being thrown over the top rope.

Justin Credible entered first. He had a graphic that showed his wrestling history. Pretty loud ECW chant when he posed in the ring. Teddy Hart was out second, who threw his water bottle at Credible in the ring. Some pretty impressive back and forth action between Credible and Hart early on. Hart showboated after taking down Credible with a dropkick by doing a moonsault off the top rope and landing on his feet. In return, he got a sueprkick from Credible. Kaos was the third man out. Credible and Hart double-teamed Kaos, hitting an impressive spot in the corner with Credible putting Kaos over his knee and Hart hitting a shooting star press off the top rope. Vampiro was out fourth and he took out all three men. He looked very good in the ring and the crowd was very behind his character.

After returning from a break, Puma was out next. He was then quickly eliminated by Vampiro being sent over the top rope through a table at ringside. Alkatrazz (Luke Hawx joined him as well) and 6-Pac also made their way to the ring as well. 6-Pac took out Vampiro with an X-Factor. The announcers even mentioned 6-Pac's history with DX. 6-Pac then hit a Bronco Buster and took out Vampiro with some big chops. They had some nice close-up shots of the crowd on a few of the chest chops that worked nicely. Chris Hamrick and New Jack both entered at the same time. Jack eliminated Hamrick pretty quickly, sending him through a table on the floor. In the process of doing so, New Jack eliminated himself by jumping down to beat on Hamrick more. Jack then came back in the ring with his guitar and smashed it over one of the referee's head. It looked like Alkatrazz was sent over the top rope onto a box of live electire wires. When he hit, a huge display of over-dramatic pyro went off. Kinda cheesy, but the effects were good. Outside the ring, New Jack put Chris Hamrick on another table and leaped off a balcony of the set taking him out through a table. Youth Suicide was the last entrant. He came into the ring and spilled thumbtacks across the ring. They noted this was his first professional wrestling match. When Suicide tried climbing up a ladder to get one of the contracts, Vampiro pulled him off and powerbombed him into the thumbtacks. When Vampiro did this, 6-Pac went up another ladder and got one of the contracts. The crowed booed. When Suicide tried climbing up the ladder again, Credible pushed his ladder over and he fell into fence full of explosives. Another loud pyro display went off. The finish saw Vampiro and Credible both climbing up the ladder at the same time, but Vampiro got the contract just as 6-Pac pushed the ladder over.

Winners of the WSX Rumble: 6-Pac and Vampiro

As a result, it will be 6-Pac vs. Vampiro next week to crown the first ever WSX Champion.

- A highlight reel aired showing what was coming up later on in the season for Wrestling Society X. You can notice a HUGE contrast between this pilot taping and the shows they taped this past November in terms of lighting, the ring (new ring ropes) and other things. The highlight showed even more wacky things to come with wrestlers being electrocuted, being put into a tank head-first full of piranha and more.

- 6-Pac and Vampiro started to brawl as the show came to a close.

Innovator of Insanity killdozer1827's Avatar

i cant wait to see more of WSX. i really hope they do good

the rumble was pretty sick and that's the first time i've ever seen Teddy wrestler and New Jack is freakin psycho.
    [SIGPIC]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3697/orianthibanner.png[/SIGPIC]

its my life
    imma do what i do
    and if you don't like it
    its cool fuck you

i thought the first show was great. teddy hart looked awesome. he definitly will need a bigger stage at some point in his career. the only thing i hated about the show was the camera work...wayyyy too hollywood for me. the fan reaction shots were absolutely terrible. they looked like they were staged. other than that, the first show was pretty cool. certainly better than anything tna or ecw has thrown out in the past 6 months.

Innovator of Insanity killdozer1827's Avatar

i liked Youth Suicide. they said that was his first match, even tho they taped that show like a year ago, i think he did awesome for his first match, and i loved the spot where he fell off the ladder onto the exploding cage or whatever they called it