Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default McMahon Blows Up Backstage, ECW's Future In Jeopardy

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Vince McMahon was furious at the 1/16 ECW tapings and went nuts backstage after it was all over. He hated the show and was screaming that there wasn’t one guy in ECW who knew how to work.

McMahon was particularly upset with the main event and how bad it made Lashley look.

Vince is said to be mad all the time since that taping. Stephanie, Vince and Dave Lagana had a meeting about the future of ECW with Vince strongly hinting that ECW was on it’s last legs.

source: ewrestlingnews.com

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

Well maybe they should make ECW what it's really so post to be the idiots. If your going to call it ECW they should at least have hardcore matches lol. I mean come on get a clue Vince.

RIP JC

Oddly I was actually at that show and I don't even remember Lashleys match, I don't remember any of the matches really. That's a sign of how bland and forgettable ecw is.

DON'T GIE'A FUCK the madscotsman's Avatar

I give even odds that the only guy that new how o work was test. coincdence that he's Shane's buddy?

Hmm, well Hardcore Holly is good, but ECW sux...

Adult Survivor of S.I.D.S Matthew James's Avatar

This seems eerily similar to the time when McMahon chose to take out his anger on Heyman over the dismal D2D ppv. Look, if McMahon wants to make money with ECW, he's just gonna' have to let people who were actually in ECW call the shots, that includes letting Heyman, Dreamer and Tazz go back to writing the shows. Think about it, even with limited talent on the roster, Heyman and co were able to produce compelling television that is still talked about today. Having your own personal lapdogs and yesman calling the shots and feeding your ego is no way to run a brand. ECW is and always will be considered the third best brand under the WWE umbrella. With Stephanie so involved (a staunch critic of all things ECW), how can Vince realistically believe that ECW will turn a product. I'd honestly like to see several ECW workers get their walking papers just so that they can go elsewhere and be utilized correctly. RVD, Sabu, Show, Striker, Punk, Dreamer and Heyman would make a great addition to shows like TNA or hell, even RoH/Japan.

The reason Vince bought ECW and revived it is the same reason he had WCW crushed during the Invasion. Because he's a spoiled manchild with an ego the size of Texas. If he isn't directly responsible for something's success, he feels that his goal should be to utterly ruin it for any of the fans. He used to care about making money. He used to care about satisfying the fans. Now, Ego and his own personal issues are all that are important.

I find it ironic that Vince used to complain about WCW holding back stars and playing too many political games backstage. Well, Vince. You've done it. You've made ECW/WWE the new WCW (And I mean that in the most negative way possible) Congratu-loser.

PS Choke on these nuts and die.