Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DeGeneration X

Default DeGeneration X

I posted this in other forums... oh well

Story:

The defection of group leader HHH to the Corporation at Wrestlemania XV essentially split the group for good. Kane may or may not be considered a member at this point.....The group was founded by Shawn Michaels, who was "fired" from the group by HHH on the 03/30/98 version of RAW. Rick Rude was a member at one point, but left for WCW late in 1997.....Mike Tyson joined prior to Wrestlemania XIV, but it was merely a ruse on his part....Chyna served as bodyguard since it's inception until recently, when she joined Vince McMahon's Corporation....The New Age Outaws (Road Dog & Bad Ass Billy Gunn) joined after Wrestlemania XIV to reform the group, and Gunn left recently to persue a singles career....The basic idea of the angle introducing the group was that DX is the remains of the real life "clique" acting like degenerates and trying to get fired so they can join the nWo in Atlanta, although the letters "nWo" are never mentioned on TV....The angle currently is that they are simply a group of rebels against everything and everyone, including WCW. This has subsequently turned them into babyfaces in the Steve Austin mold.

Timeline:

September 20, 1997: DeGeneration X is formed with Shawn Michaels, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and Chyna at the WWF's UK PPV, "One Night Only."

November 9, 1997: Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart to win the WWF World Heavyweight Title in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

March 30, 1998: With Shawn Michaels out with a back injury, Hunter Hearst Helmsley names himself leader and adds New Age Outlaws (Jesse James and Billy Gunn) and X-Pac to the group.

April 6, 1998: DX goes to "war" with WCW when they "invaded" the Scope in Norfolk, Virginia, where WCW Monday NITRO was taken place.

May 11, 1998: DX then "invades" WCW Headquarters at CNN One Center in Atlanta, Georgia.

May 25, 1998: Hunter Hearst Helmsley "flies" over an arena where WCW Monday NITRO is taken place and skywrites "WCW Sucks" and "DX Says Suck It."

July 27, 1998: Hunter Hearst Helmsley and X-Pac face off for the first time during a triple threat match for the Intercontinental Title against The Rock on RAW.

November 23, 1998: Shawn Michaels turned against DX by nailing X-Pac with the "Sweet Chin Music" and joins Vince McMahon's Corporation.

January 4, 1999: Michaels turns against the Corporation and rejoins DX. Michaels gets laid out by the Corporation and is out indefinitely.

Janury 25, 1999: Chyna turns against X-Pac and joins Vince McMahon's Corporation.

March 28, 1999: Hunter Hearst Helmsley turns against X-Pac at WrestleMania 15 and joins Vince McMahon's Corporation.

May 2, 1999: Billy Gunn turns against X-Pac during a tag team match and goes solo.

June 28, 1999: Hunter Hearst Helmsley tells Billy Gunn that Jesse James and X-Pac are getting royalties from the DX name.

July 25, 1999: X-Pac and Jesse James defeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Billy Gunn for the rights of DX.

September 23, 1999: Jesse James and Billy Gunn reform the New Age Outlaws and win the WWF World Tag Team Titles from The Rock and Mankind.

October 25, 1999: Hunter Hearst Helmsley and X-Pac help the New Age Outlaws to defeat The Rock and Steve Austin and DeGeneration X is reformed.

November 1999 - August 2000: Hunter Hearst Helmsley left DX when he "married" Stephanie McMahon, Billy Gunn was kicked out of the group, and Road Dogg and X-Pac teamed for awhile before they were split up.

yeah.. DX what a good faction it was
    vvv My first wrestler i took in LOW

What R U Lookin' at ?!?! Mr Mando's Avatar

thanks for this info.

Man that was a fun time in wrestling looking back kinda miss it now.

Never lost a LOW Title
    2010 LOW Hall Of Fame Draven Alexander

dx were getting lame towards the end of their run i feel

i miss dose dayz

On the bench!

Good old days huh

Ring Crew

DX was so funny
    I could only watch it on tape because it was before my time

dx was really cool back in the day.

Ring Crew

DX had a good run, they were fun to watch. Good picture. Hard to see HHH not ballooned up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast