Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mid-carder

To an earlier post: Nitro could easily replace Edge or King Booker in the MITB match. Neither of those superstars need this match. Nitro is much better than MVP, Khali, and I would much rather see him than this stupid hair vs hair match. And then of course, by wrestling ability alone he could replace everyone but HBK and Benoit.

I wonder if he is going to be hurt because of Mercury's actions though (drug or attack if it is true).

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

^ ok u got me on the Khali one but thats it. The Lashley Umaga match should be ok but I don't really care about the Hair thing cause thats just something so Vince can be a part of WM it's just the way he is. Plus he owns the company. He can do what ever even if it does completely suck.

RIP JC

i just went to wwe.com and checked his bio it's still thr and on the right side of the page thr is no word on mercury being released can someone tell me wuts going on?

Just read the first post and you will know all.

More news:

Sports Radio 1130 WDFN in Detroit interviewed Johnny Nitro today. Joey Mercury's release was discussed with Nitro, although Nitro simply noted he was released and they parted ways. Nitro said that since he wasn't advertised for Wrestlemania 23, the release didn't affect his PPV plans and that in the future, he'd be back to pursuing the Intercontinental title.

He better be glad that he got fired, for if he didnt when Triple H got better and such he would request a match with him, and Triple H would beat him into retirement.

Rep if you like my posts - I do my own banners, if you would like one please feel free to PM me; I'll do my best to get it to you. Thanks.

mercury was boring so i won't miss him. just wish they'd get rid of nitro as well...so boring. if it weren't for melina nitro would be jobbing along with eugene and scotty 2 hotty.

Ring Crew

Default Arghh!

I already posted a reply saying how sad it is...
    I have to say I knew it was coming, or at least they were extremely mad at him (and Nitro by the way). A lost mixed tag team match lost. Mercury had his face busted open as a jobber in the gauntlet steel cage match a few weeks ago. Then that Friday MNM lost a tag team championship match on Smackdown! Poor guy-after the ladder match and steel cage he had no choice but to go back on painkillers...Then again, if you're a wrestler and can't take painkillers...

Mid-carder

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudelang View Post
    mercury was boring so i won't miss him. just wish they'd get rid of nitro as well...so boring. if it weren't for melina nitro would be jobbing along with eugene and scotty 2 hotty.
    Considering Nitro is one of the best athletes in the business (like Shelton Benjamin) and can wrestle his ass off, you must be pretty happy with the crap that is the WWE right now. Hair v Hair, oooo so interesting; Kane v Kali... I just can't wait to fall asle...I mean watch that one; another rousing Cena promo... not enough alcohol in the universe to make him look or sound like a champion; Lashley struggling in each match. more Triple Expose or whatever it is called, and more burying of the younger stars (Carlito, Benjamin, Nitro, the entire tag team division). These pathetic gimmicks and gimmick matches do not make a good WRESTLING show. Only more reality TV sh**.

It is almost impossible to believe that the WWE once was overrun by true talent. What happened to those days?

Default Mercury's Pain Killer Addiction Led To Release

Credit: F4wonline.com, PWInsider.com Audio

As it's been reported all week, WWE released Joey Mercury this past Monday. It was said that because of several personal issues that the idea for the release was the best option. It is a situation similar to Kurt Angle's in that WWE is giving him time to fix his issues and then he will be welcome back to the company when they think he is ready. The decision to release him was a spur of the moment made at the catering room at Monday's RAW taping. He was said to be in really bad shape on Monday, and as much as people like him and feel bad for him, they felt this had to be done for his own good.

Last year he had some serious issues with pain killers and was sent to rehab. After getting out, he got his face destroyed by the ladder and got hooked on them again in a major way.

Many felt that termination may have been the wrong solution because he often gave it his all in the ring. such as the brutal injury he suffered at Armageddon. However, in reality, WWE is doing what they feel they have to do to help him to help himself.
    I really hope that Joey can beat the addiction as I fully support the WWE in this action to get a person's health checked before he comes to wrestle. Same thing happened to Kurt and Kurt didnt want to listen. Mercury is a good talent and when he kicks the Habbit, I'll be glad to see him back in a WWE Ring back with MNM as he had some nice single matches on SMackDown with Matt Hardy before his release and has been a great asset. One just has to deal with the struggles of addiction and its never easy to battle but I'm fully behind both Mercury to have a good recovery and for the WWE for doing what was right in this situation and not getting any wrose.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234