Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Joey Mercury released from WWE (Reason inside)

Joey mercury, a popular part of the Tag team MNM was released today by WWE. No word yet on the story behind this but WWE's official statement is:

WWE.com has learned that today in Chicago, WWE officials have agreed on the immediate release of Joey Mercury.

-------------------------------------------------------

Update: 26th Mar 2007

There was an incident backstage at Raw this afternoon, which resulted in Joey Mercury being fired and Stephanie McMahon being taken to a local hospital. Details are still coming in, but the early word is that Mercury snapped when the creative team told him that he and his partner Johnny Nitro would not be appearing at Wrestlemania 23. Not much is known, but word is that Mercury charged at Stephanie McMahon, knocking her into the side of a desk. He was immediately restrained by the rest of the creative team, and fired on the spot. Vince McMahon is said to be furious at the harm caused at his daughter, who had to be taken to a Chicago hospital for evaluation. Mercury may face criminal charges and possible jail time if WWE decides to follow through. Dave Meltzer will have much more on this situation as he gets it

Source: WrestlingObserver.com
    Thanx to CM Punk for posting the news on UOW and can be found below.

Update: 27th Mar 2007

Although details are very scarce at the moment, details have surfaced stating Mercury’s release is related to the WWE Wellness policy. We’ll have more details on this story as they become available.

In related news, Mercury failed a drug test last May and was suspended for 30 days.

There have been several reports circulating around the internet saying Mercury assaulted Stephanie McMahon, those rumors are false.

source: ewrestlingnews.com
    Posted by AFC1984 aand can be found in this thread.

Update: 28th Mar 2007

Sports Radio 1130 WDFN in Detroit interviewed Johnny Nitro today. Joey Mercury's release was discussed with Nitro, although Nitro simply noted he was released and they parted ways. Nitro said that since he wasn't advertised for Wrestlemania 23, the release didn't affect his PPV plans and that in the future, he'd be back to pursuing the Intercontinental title.

CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!

Is he the one that broke his face basickly

Rep if you like my posts - I do my own banners, if you would like one please feel free to PM me; I'll do my best to get it to you. Thanks.

hah what a comeback getting cracked in the face then leaving

I'm really suprised that WWE did this. I guess they thought he couldn't compete like he used to before the broken nose??

FINALLY MNM is broken up for good!

P.S. It was probably because of drug use
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwe9112 View Post
    Is he the one that broke his face basickly
    Yes it was

This is kinda of sudden, but it's probably drug related as he has been suspended before. I just bet TNA signs him.

RIP JC

I'm sure they will, then he'll go back to his old name Joey Mathews when he used to wrestle in TNA.

Post Reason Why Mercury Was Fired

Source: WrestlingObserver.com

There was an incident backstage at Raw this afternoon, which resulted in Joey Mercury being fired and Stephanie McMahon being taken to a local hospital. Details are still coming in, but the early word is that Mercury snapped when the creative team told him that he and his partner Johnny Nitro would not be appearing at Wrestlemania 23. Not much is known, but word is that Mercury charged at Stephanie McMahon, knocking her into the side of a desk. He was immediately restrained by the rest of the creative team, and fired on the spot. Vince McMahon is said to be furious at the harm caused at his daughter, who had to be taken to a Chicago hospital for evaluation. Mercury may face criminal charges and possible jail time if WWE decides to follow through. Dave Meltzer will have much more on this situation as he gets it.

oh damn. lol that's good. I didn't like him anyways

[Today 08:48 PM] Crossfire: pimping aint easy but its necessary, but Josh is chasing hoes like Tom chases Jerry

Jobber

Holy crap! That's kind of funny... :lmao:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast