Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default WWE Superstar CM Punk Gets His Game On

Phillip "Phil" Brooks is now known by millions of WWE fans as CM Punk from ECW. The pro wrestler has made a career in the ring, performing in the independent circuit, Ring of Honor, before graduating to Total Nonstop Action and now WWE. Although he's tattooed all over his body, he follows the straight edge lifestyle, which means no drugs and no alcohol. In Detroit for his first Wrestlemania, he spent some time talking to SportsGamer about his gaming days, as well as his love of professional wrestling.

Did you practice for this competition?

I had never played Smackdown! vs. RAW 2007 and I went over to a buddy's house to go over and practice and learn. I watched him play and I started reading through the instruction manual. So kids who know how to play this game, they're either evil or geniuses. Maybe evil geniuses, I'm not sure. But it's pretty involved.

Did you grow up playing games?

I'm from the generation of Tecmo Tag Wrestling and Pro Wrestling on Nintendo. I'm used to an A, B and directional pad. Now they have 46 buttons and it gets overwhelming. It's pretty impressive, the graphics and everything. You work with these people every day and you see them in a videogame and it's dead-on. The animation and the way they move in the videogame is pretty cool to see.

What games did you like from the early days of gaming?

I think everybody played the Mario Bros. and stuff like that. I loved Kung Fu, just because I like kicking things and people. Ghouls and Ghosts, because I'm also a huge horror genre fan. I love horror movies and games. I remember at the time, that was a big one for me because it was just a little spooky and a little scary. Those are the top two from original Nintendo. I also liked to play Duck Hunt with my father. He'd get so frustrated that he'd go right up to the screen and he still couldn't hit anything. That was always fun to watch.

What goes into your head before entering a ladder match at Wrestlemania 23?

I think you have to be optimistic that you're not going to be tossed off a ladder. The best offense in a match like this is probably good defense. I think any bodily harm that comes my way or any of the other guys' way is probably going to be nullified by the over 70,000 people that are in the arena. I've discussed this with Matt Hardy already, because he's been in a couple of ladder matches. I don't think a lot of us are going to feel a whole lot out there, but I know we're going to feel it the next day. I think preventative measures will be taken so I don't have to fall off a ladder, but if it happens it happens. I've been wrestling for almost 10 years and that's probably the best preparation I can do coming into a Wrestlemania.

What's it like to perform in Wrestlemania 23?

It's every wrestler's dream to be at a Wrestlemania and I'm in a pretty high-profile match. I get the chance to climb a ladder, grab a briefcase and become a champion whenever I want. I think a lot of the guys in the back are excited about the Hall of Fame. This is the history. There wouldn't be a business if it wasn't for The Original Sheik, Kurt Hennig. All of these guys paved the way and you get to be able to pay respect for them. And to be able to show up is fun. You get to hear a lot of great stories and meet and talk to legends. I've never met Mr. Fuji. For me it's to try to get as much knowledge as I can out of these guys for the short period I'm going to be with them. It's also about paying respect to the business and where it came from and where it's going.

What is it that makes 80,000 people and millions across the world tune in to Wrestlemania?

I think wrestlers, more so than athletes in the NFL or NBA or baseball, we're closer to being superheroes to a lot of people, and especially to kids. Those guys are great athletes, don't get me wrong, but when it comes down to it, the better athlete is the guy who doesn't have an off season. The guy who goes out there and it's not just trying to steal the base. We make an emotional connection with fans…80 year olds, 6 year olds, men, women. I see people reduced to tears because of wrestling. Fortunately, I've seen a couple of people reduced to tears because of what I can do in the ring, whether it's a fall or getting emotion in the ring. With 70,000 people in a ring, to put them in a dome, they're going to blow the roof off of the place.

Can you talk about the appeal of sports entertainment versus regular sports?

I think a lot of it has to do with individuality and the uniqueness of the wrestling business. We don't wear uniforms. We do consider us…in the back…there's a group that consider us a team. But then there's a few who go out there and try to steal the show. That's the thing. Everybody has a different role. Look at me, I'm covered in tattoos and you might not think that from my appearance that I'm a good role model; but I don't do drugs and I abstain from all of that stuff. It's a perfect example of don't judge a book by its cover.

sportsgamer.com

damn ten years of wrestling and he finally gets to go to wrestlemania, must feel great

Punk is absolutely awesome, as a person, and as a wrestler.

WWE: A New Beginning BTB in Creative, written by F4L, and Dubbz4President, Click Banner, and Read/Comment/Review! Thanks, and all will be repped and appreciated!