Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default CM Punk Interview with WWE.COM After Joining The New Breed

What a Punk!
    By Bryan Robinson
    Written: April 10, 2007Why, CM Punk, why?

That’s the question that ECW Diehards asked of the straightedge – or maybe now not-so-straightedge – Superstar after he shocked ECW tonight by joining the New Breed. The jaws of ECW fans at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, R.I. dropped in horror when Punk shook the hand of Elijah Burke and was hoisted atop the shoulders of the New Breed, sealing his new alliance with arrogant, young faction.

WWE.com caught up with Punk after he finished celebrating with new teammates Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker and Kevin Thorn. The Chicago native was not very forthcoming in explaining his reasons for joining the New Breed, but promised that ECW would soon see the real CM Punk.

“I know some people aren’t going to be happy with my decision,” he said. “But, trust me, I have my reasons. Tonight is the first step in everyone finding out exactly who is CM Punk.”

Punk’s decision to join the New Breed is puzzling. At first, he told the New Breed he didn’t need their help. Then, Punk kept them – and all of ECW – guessing for weeks as he repeatedly said he would “think about it.” The New Breed, led by Elijah Burke, told Punk – particularly before his Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 23, where he narrowly missed winning the opportunity at a World Championship – that he belonged with them because he was the future of ECW, and they could help him achieve his dreams.

Time will tell whether the hungry Punk made the right choice.

WOW! This could quite possibly be the best decision WWE has ever made in the last five years or so! Punk is an amazing heel, its just gonna take time for him to get over as a heel. But I know we're in store for some amazing promos, and amazing matches with the Originals! Especially RVD! And finally, ECW has a heel that can take the belt off damn Bobby Lashley! There is no way that WWE can screw this up, this is gold, and damnit they better bank on it!

WWE: A New Beginning BTB in Creative, written by F4L, and Dubbz4President, Click Banner, and Read/Comment/Review! Thanks, and all will be repped and appreciated!

You say that, but when CM Punk loses to Lashley, there will be a way that they screwed this up.

As much as I love punk as a heel, I'm gonna miss the good guy Punk who was cheered louder than Triple H, HBK, and the Hardy's. It's funny that he turned heel now after he had that interview where he said he was a good roll model, though.

Ring Crew

punk was never cheered more than HBK or HHH..

i think at survivor series he was cheered more or atleast thats what ive heard

On the bench!

We'll see how this goes and how this evolves. Punk vs RVD would be really cool indeed.

With him being so cagey in his interview I have a feeling he won't be heel for long, but hopefully him being heel will show us a different side and does this mean there will be a returning original...

On the bench!

I bet he joins, stays for awhile then turns on them. He's in line for a push...so they say.

I get the feeling that we will see CM Punk take the New Breed down from the inside. Punk has been a heel before and he was certainly the OVW Champion and as of yet, has been underutilised in ECW. Hopefully, we will get to see some incredible matches from him, he certainly has the skill and talent. It all comes down to whether Vince wants him to be over with the fans or not... I for one, love watching him and he is definately a crowd favourite.

If you face The Undertaker you WILL "Rest In Peace!"

18-0 at Wrestlemania speaks for itself!

If I wanted your opinion... I would have given it to you! :joker:

Too many opinions around, few are worth listening to! :hands:

Quote Originally Posted by skywarp View Post
    punk was never cheered more than HBK or HHH..
    Go watch the Survivor Series 2006 Team DX vs Team Rated RKO match. They start chanting CM Punk when Triple H is still talking and throughout the match.

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

I think him joining the new Breed is a good thing cause I like that kind of drama. But the WWE is running a little short on faces at this time.

RIP JC