Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default UFC 70 Confirmed Fight List

The following is the current line-up for the April 21st UFC 70 show scheduled to take place in Manchester, England:

Prelim Fights
    -Edilberto Crocota vs. Paul Taylor
    -Dennis Silver vs. Jess Liaudin
    -Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki
    -Junior Assuncao vs. David Lee
    -Terry Etim vs. Matt Grice

Live PPV Fights

-Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo
    -Andrei Arlovski vs. Fabricio Werdum
    -Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
    -"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida vs. David Heath
    -Mirko CroCop vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Default Dana White Says UFC 70 To Air Free On Spike TV

The following is an excerpt from an interview with UFC president Dana White, conducted by the CBS Sportsline website:

Q: What's the latest with HBO, and will UFC 70 be televised on HBO or PPV?

DW: I don't have the deal done yet, but UFC 70 will be on free television. It's going to be a free TV deal for the fans here in the U.S.

Q: Is it going to be on Spike?

DW: Let's see, yup. I'm the one that's always chirping about how all these guys that destroyed boxing. Everything was f------ you've got to pay for this, you've got to pay for that. I don't like to make the fans pay for every fight we have. I like to have a lot of good fights for free, and this is a great fight that we'd be giving to the fans for free.

Q: Is UFC 70 definitely going to be on Spike, or might it be on a different network?

DW: It's probably going to be on Spike.
    UFC 70 is a very poor lineup with the only big name fighter, that I remember offhand, booked on it being Cro Cop so it will probably be best for the UFC to give it away for free and get a huge rating rather than put it on PPV and get a poor buyrate.

Some more on this interview that is interesting:

UFC's Interest in Lesnar: "Very interested in Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar is out there, I believe right now he had signed a deal with K-1, and he's out there training hard from what I hear, and he's taking this serious. And that's what you need to do. Brock Lesnar seems like a serious guy to me."

White went on to say there have been no contract talks between the two.

Kurt Angle in UFC: "I like Kurt. I've talked to Kurt a bunch of times. I'm just not sure how committed he is to fighting. I made him an offer before, and he went over and did TNA wrestling. I don't know. If the guy is seriously interested in fighting, then he should be fighting with the UFC."

What It Would Take for UFC to Sign Angle: "The guy, seriously, is a legend in Olympic wrestling, and is a legend in professional wrestling. I'm not going to bring anybody in here for some type of freak show to get hurt. If the guy wants to be serious and wants to come over and train -- and I can hook him up with all the right people to train with, the right training places, and everything else. If he wants to be serious, I'm interested, but I'm not going to bring him over here to get hurt."

Angle Competing in MMA and pro wrestling simultaneously: "I'd prefer he did one or the other. I mean, how the hell are you going to professional wrestle and professional fight? It doesn't work that way. It takes a lot of time and training to dedicate to fighting."

Angle saying he'd need six month of training: "At his age and having never had a pro fight, that would be a very good idea. This thing isn't a joke. You don't just decide "I'm a professional wrestler I think I'm going to fight." It takes a lot of time, dedication and hard work -- just like wrestling does. I'm sure these guys have to train hard and have to get in great shape to professional wrestle. You can't just jump up one day and say, "I'm going to be a pro fighter and I think I'll fight next month." It doesn't work that way. It doesn't even come close to working that way.

White discusses a number of other topics in regards to MMA including the announcement that UFC 70, scheduled to be held in Great Britain, will be broadcast for free on SpikeTV. You can read the entire interview at http://www.sportsline.com/boxing/story/10050453.

Ring Crew

Fucking right I will be watching that shit on Spike

On the bench!

Looks to be good for Spike and good for UFC, although the card sucks just like you predicted Will, nice. ^^

Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
    Andrei Arlovski Vs. Fabricio Werdum
    Michael Bisping Vs. Elvis Sinosic
    Forrest Griffin Vs. Lyoto Machida

Bad card you say? Only bad fight I see so far is the Arlovski fight seeing as how Werdum will be in his first UFC fight, but the rest look good to me. Still very early right now so more fights could still be added to the card.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkGraphics View Post

Bad card you say? Only bad fight I see so far is the Arlovski fight seeing as how Werdum will be in his first UFC fight, but the rest look good to me. Still very early right now so more fights could still be added to the card.
    No, we weren't talking about poor as in bad. We were talking about poor as in a lack of star power. Look at the card, with the exception of Cro Cop,on the right you have a high mid card fighter at best and on the left you have guys that 99.99997% of fans have never heard of.

Ok, I'll go through them for you on how I see these fighters:

True, Cro Cop probably is the best fighter on this card, but Gonzaga is pretty well known. It's being reported on whoever wins this heavyweight fight would be the #1 contender to face Couture for the belt.

Another top heavyweight in Arlovski in this fight. But like I said before, this match gets pulled down due to the fact that Werdum will be in his first UFC fight and really is a unknown fighter.

Don't know Bisping or Sinosic? Time to learn your UFC then bud. Bisping will easily be the crowd favorite here seeing as how the fight is from England and Bisping is from Liverpool, England. Ultimate Fighter 3 winner will take on one of the old cagey UFC veterans in the King of Rock N Rumble. Sinosic at one time used to be good, but seeing as how he has lost his last 5 UFC fights, this match might end up being a disappointment to some.

Forrest Griffin is probably the best known Ultimate Fighter winner from all seasons. Will be coming off a tough loss to Keith Jardine and gets to take on a fairly newcomer to the UFC in Machida. But if you know anything about MMA then you would know Machida holds MMA sanctioned wins over BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, Stephan Bonnar, and Vernon White. Machida is not a push over by any means and could surprise a few here in this fight.

So maybe this card truly doesn't have the "star power" people are looking for, but I think this might be to see if Cro Cop can hold his own in the spotlight and fight a good main event match. Plus they are drawing some fan interest off Bisping as well since it is a home fight for him and this being the first non-USA event for the UFC.

Ok, I'll go through them for you on how I see these fighters:

True, Cro Cop probably is the best fighter on this card, but Gonzaga is pretty well known. It's being reported on whoever wins this heavyweight fight would be the #1 contender to face Couture for the belt.
    Gonzago only has 3 fights in the UFC and none of them were televised. He is a jobber that is being fed to Cro cop, before cro cop goes against Couture.

Another top heavyweight in Arlovski in this fight. But like I said before, this match gets pulled down due to the fact that Werdum will be in his first UFC fight and really is a unknown fighter.
    Arlovski is over rated. He is 10-5 and has never beat a really talented fighter. Its not hard to be a "top" heavyweight in the UFC.

Don't know Bisping or Sinosic? Time to learn your UFC then bud. Bisping will easily be the crowd favorite here seeing as how the fight is from England and Bisping is from Liverpool, England. Ultimate Fighter 3 winner will take on one of the old cagey UFC veterans in the King of Rock N Rumble. Sinosic at one time used to be good, but seeing as how he has lost his last 5 UFC fights, this match might end up being a disappointment to some.
    I know who they are, but alot of the average fans wont. Who cares about a guy thats only claim to fame is fighting in England in fights no one has ever seen in promotions that no one cares about and being on a reality show that drew like a 1.0 rating every week going against another guy that is basically a human sacrifice at this point.

Forrest Griffin is probably the best known Ultimate Fighter winner from all seasons. Will be coming off a tough loss to Keith Jardine and gets to take on a fairly newcomer to the UFC in Machida. But if you know anything about MMA then you would know Machida holds MMA sanctioned wins over BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, Stephan Bonnar, and Vernon White. Machida is not a push over by any means and could surprise a few here in this fight.
    he is the best known, but he isnt great. He may be in a few years, but right now he is just above average and people wont buy a ppv just to see him yet. Machida might have some wins against a couple good fighter, but he doesn't stand out in any way at all. Over half his wins have come from decisions. People don't want to see decisions, they want to see people get knocked out.

So maybe this card truly doesn't have the "star power" people are looking for, but I think this might be to see if Cro Cop can hold his own in the spotlight and fight a good main event match. Plus they are drawing some fan interest off Bisping as well since it is a home fight for him and this being the first non-USA event for the UFC.
    No, this isnt anywhere near being the first non USA UFC event. Its number 8. UFC 8 in Puerto Rico,UFC 17.5 Ultimate Brazil, Ultimate Japan 1, Ultimate Japan 2 , Ultimate Japan 3, UFC 29 in Japan, UFC 38 in England.

sorry, meant to mean that its the first non-USA event since MMA has picked up in the United States and is in the mainstream.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast