Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Straight Edge"

Damn you got me there lol

I suppose it would be me going around shouting about how all religion sucks and should be out lawed blah blah blah
    "The Prayers of a Hundred Priests, Could not Save my Soul."

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin™
    When I said "We need to have a music festival to end all music festivals", I didn't literally mean to never have one again, I meant to have a really good one so we can stop complaining about all the shitty ones.

Wouldn't that contradict Atheism?
    Oh right you are then, some music festivals are in fact bunk though. Have to go to the ones with good vibes. There are plenty around.

And yeah he kind of did contradict atheism I think...:dunno: Unless he was trying to say he is proud of being an athiest but doesnt go around advertising it like christians advertise their religion saying you will go to hell. Who knows.

Either way i hate those bastards in the street who harass me telling me 'Im Going to Hell becuase I have an Iron Maiden shirt' lol
    "The Prayers of a Hundred Priests, Could not Save my Soul."

i think straightedge is great. i turned edge just over 2 years now and i havent looked back. personally im not a sxe person who thinks they are better than everyone else. although some of my sxe friends do believe they are. i see straight edge as the right way of life (for me). people tend to be very hostile towards sxe, mainly because they dont understand it. if u have any questions about straight edge please feel free to ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by straightedgexxx
    i think straightedge is great. i turned edge just over 2 years now and i havent looked back. personally im not a sxe person who thinks they are better than everyone else. although some of my sxe friends do believe they are. i see straight edge as the right way of life (for me). people tend to be very hostile towards sxe, mainly because they dont understand it. if u have any questions about straight edge please feel free to ask me.
    Okay the is lovely that you think it is the right way of life, but why put yourself under a label? Why cant you just live your life without putting the label of straightedge over your head?

And my questions about straight edge are what is exactly involved and why?

From my understanding being staight edge is the lack of drugs, alcohol and sex...

I'm all for people being straight Edge... I can't stand the people who act like they're better than everyone else because they are Straight Edge... But whenever someone acts like they are better than everyone else gives me the shits.
    HE loved us so much that HE paid the ultimate sacrifice so that WE wouldn't have to...
    "For God so loved the world he gave his only son..." (John 3:16)

UOW Exclusive!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz
    From my understanding being staight edge is the lack of drugs, alcohol and sex...

I'm all for people being straight Edge... I can't stand the people who act like they're better than everyone else because they are Straight Edge... But whenever someone acts like they are better than everyone else gives me the shits.
    So it is pretty much lacking in much of the experiences of life? I hope you dont mean no sex at all. But even sex only after marriage is a dumb principal. Sex is a natural thing and a way to physically express love, not too mention it is fun and pleasurable. What about people that don't get married at all, does this mean they should die virgins? (These questions and remarks arent directed at you Kaz, but directed more at straight edge people in general.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia
    So it is pretty much lacking in much of the experiences of life? I hope you dont mean no sex at all. But even sex only after marriage is a dumb principal. Sex is a natural thing and a way to physically express love, not too mention it is fun and pleasurable. What about people that don't get married at all, does this mean they should die virgins? (These questions and remarks arent directed at you Kaz, but directed more at straight edge people in general.)
    I know they're not directed at me but I feel like answering anyway (I have too much time on my hands).

I wouldn't be (I hope I wouldn't be) classified as Straight Edge; I might not do drugs or drink much alcohol but I tend to slip up on other areas.

I don't think its no sex at all... Just no sex with different people or when you're not married or something... I personally believe sex itself has to be with someone important to you... Not just with some fling.
    HE loved us so much that HE paid the ultimate sacrifice so that WE wouldn't have to...
    "For God so loved the world he gave his only son..." (John 3:16)

UOW Exclusive!

From my experience most "Straight-Edgers"are ignorant hypocrites.Ive never met a stright edge virgin before,and most of the time they are so wrapped up in thinking they are better than everyone else they tend to forget why they are straight-edge in the first place.I myself am a stoner,but i dont feel the need to tell everyone how i classify myself by putting stupid x's or crosses all over my body.And I also dont think being a stoner makes me better than anyone,its just one if the many things that makes me who I am.I think by people announcing that their straight edge(constantly) and living this life style,it is just a cry out for attention that mommy and daddy never gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hate
    From my experience most "Straight-Edgers"are ignorant hypocrites.Ive never met a stright edge virgin before,and most of the time they are so wrapped up in thinking they are better than everyone else they tend to forget why they are straight-edge in the first place.I myself am a stoner,but i dont feel the need to tell everyone how i classify myself by putting stupid x's or crosses all over my body.And I also dont think being a stoner makes me better than anyone,its just one if the many things that makes me who I am.I think by people announcing that their straight edge(constantly) and living this life style,it is just a cry out for attention that mommy and daddy never gave them.
    Pretty much what he said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12