Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News

Default Breaking News

Kurt Angle wins the World Heavyweight Championship
    January 10, 2006

Kurt Angle won the World Heavyweight Championship tonight at the SmackDown television taping in Philadelphia.

In one of the most shocking moments in recent SmackDown history, Angle, who was last seen teaming with Shawn Michaels on RAW Monday night, walked out from the locker room area and into the SmackDown ring to compete in the Battle Royal ordered by General Manager Theodore Long.

The addition of Angle to the Battle Royal clearly caught many Superstars off guard, and he became an immediate target of the SmackDown roster. In fact, Mark Henry even threw Angle through the announce table at ringside. Angle was able to withstand the attack, however, and in the end Angle last eliminated Henry to be crowned the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Afterwards, Angle celebrated in the ring while the audience in Philadelphia looked on in total amazement.

Of course, the crowning of a new World Heavyweight Champion was ordered after an injured and emotional Batista was forced to surrender the title earlier in the night due to injury.

Be sure to watch SmackDown this Friday night on UPN to watch this truly historic event unfold.

wwe.com
    Two beautiful young, and respected women wrestlers. R.I.P The Fabolous Moolah we'll miss you

On the bench!

This is awesome, i am a huge Angle fan, so im going to love seeing this.

Angle wins? Wasn't he on Raw or what? Anyway Smackdown might be watchable now unlike Raw since Angle is 100000000000000000000 x better then Batista.

Thats Fantastic news.

I wonder if his fued with HBK will continue?

With all this jumping around of talent could the brand split almost be a thing of the past?

Also this news just made me buy tickets to the Smackdown event in Brissie.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.

It's about damn time...

I really love Batista but I think that he's had the title waaaay too long, and it's about time for him to lose the damn thing. I wonder who will be the next world champ...can't wait for this!! 2006 fresh new champs, yay!!

EDIT: WTF?!?! Kurt Angle, that ugly piece of crap. I HOPE SOMEONE HITS HIM IN THE BALLS WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER!!!!

ty LG

ty Role Model

well angle had it comin . good that old piece of trash won . hes atleast better than batista .

On the bench!

I hope he comes down to the sydney tour.

Thanks for ruining Smackdown for me. Next time put 'Spoilers' in your title ok?

Rejected From Hell

KURT ANGLE BACK ON SMACKDOWN! about bloody time! and he won the heavywieght title! good, it was about time he won it he has done alot in his career and at last it has paid of, no offence to batista but the title is now around a real champions waist.

This is great Kurt finally gets the chance to be the champion again and also returns to Smackdown.He works far better on the Smackdown show as the number one heel,sadly on Raw there is never going to be any better heel than HHH.....He is the best and they all know it!
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast