Tottenham captain Ledley King has ended speculation over his future by signing a new deal at the club.

The injured defender has inked a four-year contract to keep him at White Hart Lane.

King has been locked in talks with Tottenham for the last few months as the club look to tie down their skipper to a new long-term deal.

The news will be a massive boost to the club as they look to secure fourth place in The Premiership this weekend and a possible place in next season's UEFA Champions League.

King, who is battling to be fit for England's World Cup squad, was delighted to pledge his future to the club.

"This club has some great times ahead of it and I want to be part of it," King told www.stellargroup.co.uk.

"We are obviously desperate to get fourth spot and make the Champions League next season, but even if we miss out, it has still been our best season for quite some time. We will have European football at White Hart Lane whatever and that is something we should be guaranteeing every year.

"We have a great squad of players who are young, hungry and want to win things. We also have a great manager who has given us a lot of confidence and belief in the way we play.

"The new deal has taken a while to sort out, but there was never any question about me staying - I just wanted to ensure all the details were absolutely right. I want to captain this club in what is hopefully going to be a very successful period."