Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default WWE Issues Press Release On Edge's WWE Title Win

WWE recently issued the following press release to Canada on Edge's WWE title win...

Orangeville, Ontario native Edge(TM) captures WWE(R) Championship!

TORONTO, Jan. 9 /CNW/ - At last night's New Year Revolution(TM) Pay-Per-View event, WWE Superstar Edge walked away with the WWE Championship belt for this first time in his illustrious wrestling career.

At WrestleMania(R) 21 last spring, Edge was victorious in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match - winning a one time title shot which could be used at any time for up to a year. Immediately following last night's brutal main event Elimination Chamber match, Edge cashed in his ticket against a battered John Cena(TM). Cena, who had just successfully defended his title, could not withstand an assault from Edge.

"Nothing can top the feeling of winning the WWE Championship - this is spectacular," Edge said, "I am the Rated R Superstar and I can't wait to bring this belt back to Canada!"

Edge, aka Adam Copeland, grew up in Orangeville, Ontario with dreams of becoming a professional wrestler and being part of WWE. Since his WWE debut in 1998, Edge has left his mark as both a singles and tag-team wrestler. He is an 11-time tag team champion, including an unprecedented seven reigns as World Tag Team Champion with Christian(TM). Edge is also a 5-time Intercontinental Champion, and defeated Kurt Angle(TM) to win the 2001 King of the Ring Tournament. This is Edge's first reign as the WWE Champion and he will defend his title at the next WWE Pay-Per-View event, Royal Rumble(R), on January 29, 2006.

Don't miss Monday Night RAW tonight on TSN at 9:00 pm ET.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For our activities in Canada, go to Canada.wwe.com.
    WWE.com
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

I still say it was one of the weakest wins i have seen although he did take the opportunity at the right time.