PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother picks all-woman house

OMEN
05-31-2007, 12:36 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42990000/jpg/_42990093_twins_pa203b.jpg
Amanda and Sam were the first housemates to enter the house
Eleven women contestants who are taking part in Channel 4's Big Brother have entered the house.

The hopefuls include a member of the Women's Institute, the first ever set of twins and a former lap-dancer.

It is the first time an all-women house has been unveiled, but presenter Davina McCall has said a man will be introduced to the group on Friday.

An audience of 6.2 million watched the show, which began with an apology over the Celebrity Big Brother race row.

Media watchdog Ofcom had ordered the broadcaster to apologise over its handling of the scandal concerning the treatment of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty by fellow contestants Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara.

Crowd reaction

The 11 contestants realised they would be living in a man-free zone as more and more women kept entering the house - but it is unlikely it will remain women-only for the whole 14-week series.

The first housemates to enter the house were 18-year-old twins Amanda and Sam. As the car pulled up outside the house, the pair who were wearing matching outfits and clutching lollipops, were booed by the crowd. They were followed by 60-year-old Lesley, a member of the Women's Institute and a retired head-hunter.

She said she dislikes "negative under-achievers, arrogance, people without ambition and people who don't try".

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42990000/jpg/_42990117_chanelle_pa2303b.jpg
I think my personality is fantastic, I wouldn't change it for anything, but I don't like my thighs
Chanelle

The next housemate, Charley, 21, was also booed as she entered the house. The crowd could also be heard chanting "get her out".

The unemployed, former lap dancer, who is the cousin of Manchester United footballer Kieran Richardson, admits to being argumentative and unable to cook.

Once more housemates started to arrive, it was the wannabe singer who was first to remark on the lack of men inside the house.

Pink-haired Tracey from Cambridgeshire claims she has collected carrier bags for 30 years and has never used a computer.

The 36-year-old is a self-styled hippy raver - and says she feels strongly about humans killing the planet and passionate about keeping the monarchy.

Student Chanelle, 19, admits to modelling herself on Victoria Beckham. She stopped for the waiting photographers to pout before going into the house.

"I think my personality is fantastic, I wouldn't change it for anything, but I don't like my thighs," she said.

Shabnam, 22, describes herself as "full of life, vivacious, nuts, passionate, inimitable and striking".

Her main ambition is to travel the world and enjoy life and she thinks she may get nominated for being messy.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42990000/jpg/_42990115_nicky_pa203b.jpg
Emily said people often confuse her with Peaches Geldof

Others included 19-year-old Emily from Bristol who is a Tory voter and considers herself right-wing. She lists benefit cheats among her pet hates.

Laura, 23, a nanny from South Wales was cheered as she blew the crowd kisses and gave high-fives to those waiting behind the barriers.

The ninth housemate to enter the house was Nicky from Watford.

The 27-year-old was born in Mumbai, India and adopted at the age of one. Her pet hates are "spongers, scroungers and nose-picking".

"I'm not someone to be ignored. I will get my point across," she said.

The final housemate to go in was 53-year-old Carole. The born and bred Londoner got the loudest cheer of the evening.

She has spent most of her life actively involved in politics and welfare issues.

BBC