View Full Version : WWE Diva Fired Because She Wasn’t “Hot” Enough?

bad_meetz_evil
06-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Two weeks ago Shelly Martinez (a/k/a Ariel) was released from WWE. The reason why backstage was that she didn’t have the “right look”. This is Vince’s nice way of saying “you’re not pretty enough”.

Vince was negative on Martinez from the very start, but was persuaded by Heyman to bring her up since she did such a good job playing the nympho role in Ohio Valley Wrestling. Vince never understood the idea of goth characters and likes divas with the “model” look. With Heyman gone from the company Martinez had very little support backstage.

Some rumors circulated that she was released over an incident with Batista, however these are apparently false.

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Melanie
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Two weeks ago Shelly Martinez (a/k/a Ariel) was released from WWE. The reason why backstage was that she didn’t have the “right look”. This is Vince’s nice way of saying “you’re not pretty enough”.

Vince was negative on Martinez from the very start, but was persuaded by Heyman to bring her up since she did such a good job playing the nympho role in Ohio Valley Wrestling. Vince never understood the idea of goth characters and likes divas with the “model” look. With Heyman gone from the company Martinez had very little support backstage.

Some rumors circulated that she was released over an incident with Batista, however these are apparently false.

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince is an idiot! Shelly was far and away the best looking woman on wwe tv....

Shelly I love you!

Mel

legolas4792
06-01-2007, 09:06 PM
steph probably got that in his head

Vinnyspapa
06-02-2007, 01:20 AM
steph probably got that in his head

If thats true then thats bull. Ariel is better looking than that ugly Steph.

flamesoffury
06-02-2007, 01:33 AM
ariel was decent.. not the hottest. her character is one of the best in the divas.. but no way was she the hottest.

Role Model
06-02-2007, 01:54 AM
This just shows us that Heyman brought in the divas who could wrestler and disregarded the way they looked. He cared more about the in ring activity and such rather then how big there boobs were and I agree with that and still wish it was like that because I loved seeing hardcore diva battles and such.

But, it's a real shame to see Vince now basing all diva's on there looks and not hiring anyone who is not up to par on their looks. Hopefully someone knocks some sense into him and changes this little problem because all in all the way he's going he's better of ditching the womens belt/division and just doing an expose on each show because the talent he has now can't do anything in the ring.

Punisher
06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
This just shows us that Heyman brought in the divas who could wrestler and disregarded the way they looked. He cared more about the in ring activity and such rather then how big there boobs were and I agree with that and still wish it was like that because I loved seeing hardcore diva battles and such.

But, it's a real shame to see Vince now basing all diva's on there looks and not hiring anyone who is not up to par on their looks. Hopefully someone knocks some sense into him and changes this little problem because all in all the way he's going he's better of ditching the womens belt/division and just doing an expose on each show because the talent he has now can't do anything in the ring.

agree 100% someone needs to knock some sense in him

scorpionf
06-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I just assumed there was going to be another diva search and Vince had to fire some of the talent to be able to afford to pay another batch of useless bimbos....