PDA

View Full Version : Goldust's RAW Return, Feud with Cena/Triple H, Top Heel, More

bad_meetz_evil
06-03-2007, 12:42 PM
- More details are coming out on the situation with Dustin Rhodes (Goldust). WWE were planning on him returning full-time on the RAW brand. His reasoning for backing out of the SNME taping was he had a prior booking and his chronic back pain was giving him trouble. Dusty Rhodes was asked by WWE to intervene in the situation but didn't because he didn't want to mix business with family.

Dustin's problems came at a bad time as RAW writer Brian Gerwitz had just gotten approval for Dustin to return with a full time WWE contract under the Goldust gimmick. He was scheduled to come back as a major heel on RAW with the same old Goldust persona with some minor changes to go with the change of times.

WWE had plans for him to feud with Santino Marella to help get him over in a high profile feud. There were also plans for Goldust to work programs with John Cena and Triple H by the end of the year, all depending on how well he got the heel character over. All of these possibilities seem to have been thrown out the window now that Rhodes backed out of the SNME taping after he promised to.

Source: Wrestling Observer

AFC1986
06-03-2007, 02:03 PM
i think a cena/goldust or a triple h/goldust fued would be awful as he has never really interested me and i don't think he's been anything more than a mid-card so that could also be a reason i think it will be awful

legolas4792
06-03-2007, 02:40 PM
i had a dream last night that he returned but i guess he gave it up