PDA

View Full Version : JR Comments On Celebrities In Wrestling, Savage And More

bad_meetz_evil
06-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Jim Ross has updated his blog at www.jrsbarbq.com today, in this edition he talks about celebrities in wrestling, Trish Stratus, his start as a wrestling announcer and more, here are a few things he had to say:

Celebrities in Wrestling

Kyle asks if I like Celebritieses in wrestling? I would have to say yes, but only as long as they are utilized logically and in a timely fashion. That doesn't include David Arquette winning the WCW Title or Jay Leno wrestling, but to each his own.

On Trish Throwing First Pitch

I, unfortunately, did not see Trish (dammit) in Toronto last Monday, as she threw out the first pitch for the Yankees-Blue Jays MLB game at the same time we were working. Trish is one of my all time favorites and is preparing to host a major TV show in Canada, which we will talk more about in the upcoming weeks. And no, I doesn't expect to ever see Trish wrestle again.

On His Start As An Announcer

When I first got into the wrestling business in the early 70's, it took me a long time, perhaps a year, to really be accepted by “the boys.” The wrestling fraternity is a tough nut to crack, but I persevered and things worked out well. When the wrestlers saw that I wasn't going to give up on my dreams, many became allies, or at least most of them did. Today's newcomers to the business have it so much easier than my generation did breaking into the business and being accepted in the locker room.

To Read his full blog, where he talks about The Original Sheik, Vader, and "Macho Man" Randy Savage, click here

(http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/06/03/celebs-in-wrestling%e2%80%a6-no-trish-in-to-the-70%e2%80%99s-constructive-criticism-ou-vs-miami-wwe-loves-scotland-family-feud-memories-yokozuna-overrated-2008-hof-candidates-ft-smith-arkansas-steak-g/)
Credit: PWMania

Role Model
06-03-2007, 05:46 PM
See, I don't like Celebrities in wrestling because it's not a place for them. There place is on the red carpet or movies not no wrestling ring. Back when it was WWF seeing one would be dare but that's because they had the talent therefor they did not need them but in all reality even if you don't that doesn't mean you need a Celebrities to boost up your company. That's just poor. I'd rather see WWE build up people and try and create something special with real wrestlers then bring guys like K-Fed and Donald Trump in WWE to the dirty work.