PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz: Chuck Liddell is Dana White’s “Puppet”

Will
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
MMA legend Tito Ortiz has some harsh words for one of his countless rivals, calling former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell a puppet for Dana White and the UFC.

NBCSports.com has the video.

After the much-hyped exhibition boxing match between Ortiz and White failed to materialize earlier this year — White blamed Ortiz for no-showing, and Ortiz blamed White for requiring him to compete without a contract — Liddell of all people hit the national media, even going so far as requesting an interview with NBCSports.com so he could sound off on Ortiz and claim he was scared to fight White.

Odd, it was, that Liddell was fighting White’s (and the UFC’s) battle.

Ortiz, too, found it ironic.

When asked about Liddell’s media blitz, Ortiz responded:

“I guess Dana White finally let him speak. It’s kind of funny watching the puppet master let the puppet speak. It’s funny because I see Dana words come right out of Chuck Liddell’s mouth.

“That wasn’t Chuck Liddell saying that stuff. That was Dana White telling him to say it.“

Ortiz’s criticism and resentment does seem sincere. With Liddell’s loss to Quinton Jackson last month at UFC 71, it’s hard to argue Ortiz is sounding off simply to build hype for a possible Liddell vs. Ortiz III championship event.

Vinnyspapa
06-06-2007, 03:38 AM
I think Ortiz is just mad that hes no the top guy in UFC like Liddell is. I would like to see them fight again only to see Ortiz get dropped again..

gator
06-07-2007, 03:15 AM
how can he say he did not have a contract him made dana put it in his contract

maybe he knows he is not the top guy and trying to his name in the press

the madscotsman
06-07-2007, 03:36 PM
if chuck is dana's puppet and chuck beat tito twice, does that make tito chuck's bitch?:kemo:

Will
06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Tito is Chucks bitch regardless of Chuck and Danas situation.

the madscotsman
06-11-2007, 04:45 PM
very true

gator
06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
tito is a bicth