PDA

View Full Version : Would TNA be Better if There Were Different Champions?

Flair Country
06-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I personally feel that TNA is becoming stagnant and evidently so do alot of other people because their ratings have stayed around a 1.0 forever. I think that part of the reason for this is because of the wrestlers that are carrying the belts right now. Here's how I think the list should look:

TNA World Heavyweight Champion - Kurt Angle or Samoa Joe (preferably Joe)
X Champion - Alex Shelley or Jay Lethal
TNA World Tag Team Champions - LAX, or a much younger & faster team than 3D

Sabin has held the X Title long enough and in my opinion doesn't bring the attention to the title that others like Styles and Daniels have. If you believe the internet rumors, 3D is leaving in the near future to go back to WWE. If you don't believe the rumors, you'll still be able to notice that the crowd isn't into Team 3D anymore. Having no Heavyweight Champion right now is a problem but I really believe if Joe picks up the belt at Slammiversary, TNA will start to gain momentum that they've lost in the past year.

Who do you guys think should be the champs, and do you think it would matter in the ratings?

XXKSXX
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I think TNA needs to make a big splash some how. I don't know how they could do that thou all the real good wrestlers with big names are all pretty much working for the WWE. But they do need to do something big to get their ratings higher.

tommy
06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
What ever happened to having the x-division real fights? Was that idea thrown out the window, or was it just a rumor, or is it still happening?

Butoden
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Well I don't know. I think X-Division is a little boring right now, it was better a year ago, but I think it's good that they are pushing those guys to the Heavyweight scene now. Tag Team Division is pretty boring that's for sure, but they had an intense fued LAX vs 3D before and now that 3D has finally won the people seem to be bored with them already.

The Yiz
06-07-2007, 05:30 PM
It's kinda funny. TNA has to draw fans in by seeing a famous wrestling face in their company, therefore wrestling fans who haven't seen TNA before get drawn in, and for famous wrestling faces must be at the top. But many TNA fans are indy fans who follow companies like ROH and CZW and get pissed off when guys like angle are at the top. IMO its harder for TNA to push their own stars like wwe can. WWE have enough tv time to push anyone to the top, TNA on the other hand have 43 minutes. It all comes down to the fact that TNA need a two hour show. Once TNA has a two hour show, it can move up to 2 shows and then more of TNA's stars then it would be easier for TNA can push their own stars to the top.

IMO joe would be a good figure for the first tna champion, but i would like to see abyss. As for L.A.X being my fav tag team, id like them to be champs, but if L.A.X are kept in the title picture all of the time, it would get boring. And I agree with you 100% for shelly being no.1 choice for x division champ.

For TNA to get better ratings, Jericho could be TNA's saviour. And hopefully in the next year Vince Russo could rustle up some good storylines, there's not really any 'shocking' ones at the moment. Maybe a shocking heel turn, one that no-one would expect.

For what I would like to see in TNA, is for shane douglas to manage a perfect heel to a worlds title victory. Maybe a new division and title would be nice.

Keep in mind TNA is a company that is losing money instead of gaining money, The jarretts are having personal issues at the moment. I'd give it 3 to 4 years for ratings to shoot up rapidly, and hopefully a new show in the next few years.