PDA

View Full Version : Should Cena Turn Heel?

Abhishek_Divekar
06-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Do you think Cena should turn heel?

I really think he should. I think he is much better as a heel because I feel it is much easier for most wrestlers to be heels. I even have an idea for them to do it. I would have Cena get rid of all the rap connections and just go full on military badass wearing black camo like what he wore in the beginning of the movie The Marine. He could tell the chain gang to shove it up thier ass and he would be an instant heel. I think this would be really good for him because he would get one of the biggest heel responses ever since half the fans don't like him anyway as a face.

Also do any of you remember anyone saying anything bad about Cena when he was a heel? No and if you say you do you are full of shit. People were all into Cena then because the whole rap thing was a perfect heel gimmick. People hate him now because of that same gimmick. I think the whole Cena can't wrestle thing is second nature to what people really hate about him> white rapper.

Big Evil
06-10-2007, 09:22 AM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing Cena as a heel again. I loved watching him on Smackdown against guys like Lesnar, Angle, and Undertaker. The rap gimmick was used perfectly while as a heel, and now it still works, but I don't think as well as it could. However, if Cena was to turn heel, a sudden transition would NOT work. The reason for that is simply that the members of the audience that watch are women and the younger audience. I don't think a sudden transition would work. Even then, I would wonder if the guys that boo him would turn around and cheer him. If that were to happen the switch would be pointless, with the women still cheering and then the guys cheering. Anyways, Cena was great as a heel, although he didn't have the following he does now. Now, though, he is great as a face, and is a huge star with the WWE. A heel turn may not happen for a long time.

BXtremeJ
06-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Last Time Cena was heel was 2003 its about time and it could add some more time to his charcter

legolas4792
06-11-2007, 12:35 AM
cena is better as a heel

Black Widow
06-11-2007, 04:01 PM
i think a good way would be to turn him against a legend

yeah cena as a heel = greatness

XXKSXX
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't get it this hole time he has been working to be come face and he is now and pretty much everybody wants him to be heel. I think he would be very good as a heel right now but I don't think it's the right time.

Big Evil
06-11-2007, 05:05 PM
It may very well be the wrong time to change Cena's gimmick. Right now he is immensely popular, whether the crowd reflects that or not. There are certain crowds at shows that are overwhelmingly for him, and others that could care less. I think the defining example of a crowd being mixed was at Wrestlemania when Cena faced Triple H. Every time Cena hit, they booed, while every time Triple H hit, they cheered. Unless we see the audience boo more often at every show, then Cena is still over, and the character should stay as is.

XXKSXX
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah Cena gets cheered differently pending on where the show is. Some places love him, some places have a half crowd that likes him, and other places just hate him. It all depends on where the show is. Also yes Cena is very over no matter what anybody has to say.

DirtMerchant
06-14-2007, 04:26 AM
As much as I hate to admit it Cena is extremely over I mean there is 3 threads on the first page of this forum based solely on him i don't think it would matter either way personally if went heel because like someone said earlier the ones that hate'em and the ones that love'em would just swap sides

Abhishek_Divekar
06-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing Cena as a heel again. I loved watching him on Smackdown against guys like Lesnar, Angle, and Undertaker. The rap gimmick was used perfectly while as a heel, and now it still works, but I don't think as well as it could. However, if Cena was to turn heel, a sudden transition would NOT work. The reason for that is simply that the members of the audience that watch are women and the younger audience. I don't think a sudden transition would work. Even then, I would wonder if the guys that boo him would turn around and cheer him. If that were to happen the switch would be pointless, with the women still cheering and then the guys cheering. Anyways, Cena was great as a heel, although he didn't have the following he does now. Now, though, he is great as a face, and is a huge star with the WWE. A heel turn may not happen for a long time.

hat's off man!