PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Says He Doesn't Want To Be Drafted Away From Lawler, And More

AFC1986
06-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, which you can check out by clicking here. (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/06/09/boggs-life-of-the-party-nfl-represented-at-wwe-events-passing-time-on-planes-pulled-pork-vs-brisket-hitman-returning-%e2%80%9chome-depot-deli%e2%80%9d-shakespeare%e2%80%99s-government-mule-sopranos-sa/) Some highlights from this entry:

- Ross talks about hanging with with Steve Austin and Wade Boggs at Wrestlemania 23 and that they, shocker here, put down a few cold ones.

- Regarding a topic we have received a lot of questions about here as well, "We get asked lots of questions about the return of the King of the Ring event. I have not heard anything regarding the reinstating of the King of the Ring one night tourney. Personally, I like tournaments of any kind, as a rule, but I don’t hold out any significant hope that the KOR will return. Nonetheless, I vividly remember handling the play by play for the 1993 KOR in Dayton, Ohio where Bret Hart won it all and then was attacked by Jerry Lawler."

- On the topic of bringing back time limits for wrestling, "Old school feedback always is interesting to me and that brings me to “time limits” for wrestling matches. I am a proponent of time limits for all bouts, unless conditions warrant a “no time limit” scenario. I don’t know why most matches don’t have time limits, but it may be because some feel it is too old school. Time limits add a sense of urgency and destination for wrestling bouts in my view, but I am also the veteran who would like to see more two out of three fall bouts from time to time, so consider the source."

- A pair of comments from JR about the draft, first, "I have no clue as to how the WWE Draft is going to be structured, and I am just as curious as many of you are about Monday’s festivities. I assume that all the WWE Superstars are eligable to be drafted including the injured competitors but that’s only an assumption. I do know that the Draft seems to be the talk of the industry these days. Everyone has an opinion, but we haven’t seen anything yet, as it relates to opinion and feedback. Just wait until the draft is over as the second guessing will run wild and rampant… brother!!"

- And second, "I fully realize everyone is “draft eligible,” but I still don’t want to leave Raw or to work with anyone other than The King. However, if it happens, it happens."

- Another note from Ross concerning Monday's show: "I am looking forward to Raw Monday night for several reasons, including the appearances of Bobby Heenan, Mean Gene Okerlund, and Jesse Ventura. All three WWE Hall of Famers can still bring viable goods to the table… the announce table that is. I hope they do some commentary Monday night during the THREE HOUR special that starts a hour early at 8/7 central. To address your second question, I still think it is “highly unlikely” that Paul Heyman returns to the WWE any time soon, but stranger things have happened. Heyman is a talented talker, which there is no overabundance of on TV. If it does happen, I would be surprised, but pleasantly so. However, I’m sticking with my “highly unlikely” answer."

- Ross with some sound advice for anyone looking to become a wrestler, "You are 18 and want to be a wrestler, do you? All the schools you mentioned will provide you good training. The WWE endorsed schools in Louisville and Tampa may provide the most exposure to the WWE, but that should not automatically eliminate Booker T, Harley Race, or Killer Kowalski’s schools. My advice would be to continue to go to regular school and do the wrestling school in the summer. Your formal education is vital in this day and age. A wrestling career is going to be a long shot, at best. You should hedge your bets and get an education first, or in conjunction with the wrestling school."

- A funny note, considering Raw will be over three hours on Monday, "There are no bathroom breaks during RAW or PPV’s! We are tough men, Dr. Z, with amazing bladder control! Seriously, it is a matter of conditioning ourselves to these extended periods of time without a break and not over doing it on the liquids prior to a broadcast. Don’t think that there hasn’t been “issues,” but no “accidents” that I care to elaborate on at this time."

- A debut that a lot of fans have been waiting on, "Where is Harry Smith? I saw him Monday night in Tampa, where he is training. I do not know when Harry will debut, as he is still in training, and is doing well by all accounts. I do think Harry has the ability to be a star some day. He certainly is a well mannered and classy young man."

Ross covers a variety of other topics, which you can check out by clicking here. (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/06/09/boggs-life-of-the-party-nfl-represented-at-wwe-events-passing-time-on-planes-pulled-pork-vs-brisket-hitman-returning-%e2%80%9chome-depot-deli%e2%80%9d-shakespeare%e2%80%99s-government-mule-sopranos-sa/)

credit: pwisnider.com

i hope he doesn't get drafted from lawler as i think there is a lot of chemistry between and them and they are by far the best commentators in the wwe

Notorious Cow
06-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Sad that they could be seperated bucould happen. I hope they dont split possibly the greatest commentating duo of all time. If it happens it'll be an emotional moment. :cry: