PDA

View Full Version : Tully Blanchard Interview Recap

OMEN
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Tully Blanchard was interviewed on Live Audio Wrestling. Here are the highlights:

- Blanchard recalled a time in Greensboro, NC, when Jim Crockett approached him after seeing fans wearing sunglasses and holding up the four fingers, and commented that the Four Horsemen group was getting over.

- Blanchard said Ole Anderson was always opinioned, stemming from having authority backstage.

- Blanchard said the Four Horsemen group was instrumental in getting Lex Luger over, more so than what he gave back to the group.

- He said they lived their gimmicks, and thus partied like they portrayed on television. They stayed at the best motels, and road in limos.

- Tully said at the time, it was drugs, sex, and rock ‘n’ roll. He admitted to drinking vodka and doing cocaine in his party days.

- He said Vince McMahon sent out feelers to him and Arn Anderson at the end of his Crockett run, and assured them they would become tag team champions in the WWF.

- “They basically spanked me by talking me off the corporate jet,” said Blanchard, who got into hot waters for comments he made that were to be in confidence. Crockett told him he wasn’t loyal, so Blanchard had enough and left for the WWF.

- “We had a great a run up there,” said Blanchard of his WWF run. Blanchard had fond memories of working with the Rockers, Demolition, Hart Foundation, and Strike Force.

- He said some of his most memorable WWF moments were working four Saturday Night’s Main Events.

Gerweck

osutank
07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
good interview. I want to see his shoot dvd